-17- 🌓 Been So Blind

^ my baby Kit

"How could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine? How could I live before? How could I have been so blind?"
~Willamette Stone, 'Heart Like Yours'

~~~

*Kit's POV*

"What's the plan for today?" I ask between bites of food. Theo is sitting across from me at the small table in our suite as we eat breakfast.

"I was thinking we'd go for a run this morning," Theo suggests, making me raise an eyebrow in wordless questioning. "There's a small forest area not far from here. It's neutral territory, so it should be safe. I think it would be a good idea to give our wolves a chance to stretch out."

"That sounds good to me," I agree with a grin. "When do we do that?"

Theo reaches over and ruffles my hair, making me wrinkle my nose. "You're just like an excited little kid," he muses. "Finish your breakfast first and then we can go."

"I'm not a kid," I grumble, running my hair through my hands to smooth it down. He chuckles and leans in close to me. The close proximity of our faces makes my heart pound in my chest.

"I know that," he says lowly with a mischievous grin. "You're far too sexy to be a kid."

I scrunch my face and shove him away. "You sound like a pervert."

Theo just laughs at that and stands back up, gathering up our dishes and setting them in the sink in our suite's miniature kitchen.

As he turns on the water and begins washing our dishes, I study his every movement, paying attention to the little details I've never allowed myself to see until now. He's wearing his usual white tank top that he typically wears to bed, leaving his arms exposed. With each movement, his biceps ripple with strength and power. He holds himself upright and tall, exuding his Alpha birthright. Every movement is purposeful and so graceful, leaving me nearly breathless just from watching him do this mundane task. But, somehow, it doesn't seem so mundane when he does it.

"You know, you don't have to do that," I tell Theo, who keeps his back to me as he continues to wash the dishes. "They have people that get paid to clean our messes."

Theo shrugs his shoulders. "It's relaxing," he murmurs. "With all the stress that comes with being the next Alpha of the pack, I've learned to hold onto any little thing that relaxes me. And those things are few, so I really need to hold on tight."

"Oh? What else relaxes you?"

"Doing the dishes, obviously. Also, gardening. There's something about tending to the delicate life of a plant that brings me peace. And you're not allowed to make fun of me for that shit, and don't even say you weren't going to because I saw that look in your eyes. What else... ah, music. Music is my second favorite source for relaxation."

"Your second favorite?" I question, tilting my head to the side. "What's the first, then?"

Theo turns his head to the side, allowing me to see the warm smile on his face, softening his chiseled features. "You."

My skin heats up from embarrassment.
Embarrassment over Theo being openly affectionate.
Embarrassment over how much I love it when he says things like that.

Clearing my throat, I hop up from my seat and take my place by his side. Theo looks at me with surprise, his dark puppy eyes widening slightly.

"You wash, I'll dry," I say simply. I see his wide grin out of the corner of my eye but try to ignore it and stay focused on the dishes. He hands me a freshly washed plate, which I in turn wipe dry with a clean dish towel that was folded neatly on the counter.