Now everybody knows

Potions class was her favorite escape. Heather spent most of her free time studying potions with her dad at classes. When she wasn't hanging out James and Ginny. And when she wasn't spending her nights talking with Draco by the fireplace she was with her dad. "I know what the next task is.." Severus says one evening as she is showing him her potions skills. He smiles at her perfect polyjuice potion. She looks up at him with big innocent eyes.

"What is it?" She asks softly. Snape reaches forward and strokes her hair in a fatherly way before sighing.

"It has something to do with the black lake.. I haven't been told what exactly but I do know it'll take an hour long." He says waiting to see her reaction.

"Well I mean at least I can swim right?" She says attempting humor. He doesn't find it funny.

"Yes but you can't hold your breath that long now can you?" He asks with a scowl. She just stares at him and shakes her head no. "Yeh bubble head charm is the most obvious answer, but since your only a third year it wouldn't look very good if I taught it to you." He says tapping his chin. "My thoughts are using a scuba spell.. it's taught at Merge School of Under-Water Spellage.. I might be able to get away with that if questioned it can be that I gave you a book on it for your birthday.. or, we could try gillyweed." Severus says thoughtfully.

"So I'll just be swimming for an hour?" She asks. "Or will I have to be doing something?" Snape shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm not sure. That's all I've gathered is an hour underwater in the black lake.. the other thing you need to worry about it the mermaids. " he says casually.

"There are actually mermaids?" She asks with a big smile. He stares at her for a moment.

"Yes darling.." he says looking at her strangely.

"What about a potion? Is there any potion to help me breath underwater?" She ask

"what's going on with you and Draco?" He asks suddenly. She blushes and glances down at the book he hands her.

"What do you mean?" She asks softly flipping through the pages.

"Don't play coy. I seen you kiss him at the Yule ball." He states matter of factly. "I can't say I approve of you kissing anyone, but it's definitely better than Potter." He says with a scowl. She smiles at him suddenly.

"We're not together if that's what your asking.. were just being friendly. And no Harry's like a brother to me.." she says. Her father gives her a sharp look before nodding his head.

"I think your way to young to be dating. But it's my fatherly job to make sure.. are you being safe?" He asks glaring down at his desk. Not even being able to look at her for the moment. Heather does scarlet red.

"Oh my goodness dad nooooo. We've kissed twice.. once at the World Cup and then after the Yule ball. I'm no where near ready for that.. I'm way to young." She says in a rush. He blushes but nods his head.

"Yes well, Draco is older and boys his age are only after one thing.." he says still not looking at her. She nods her head and looks down.

"I promise I'm no where near ready for that talk yet daddy." She says embarrassed.

"And to answer your earlier question.. no there's no potion for breathing underwater. But  I do wonder if polyjuice would be possible.. we could get hair from a mermaid and that should give you gills and a tail.." he says with a grin.

It was announced that weekend at dinner.. not her favorite moment That was for sure. Heather sat at the Slytherin table inbetween Draco and Millicent. She had been spending a lot more time with Millicent lately, and she would almost call them friends. Draco casually reaches under the table and intertwines there's fingers on his lap. A light Blush on her cheeks as he rubbed his thumb over her knuckles. Draco was in a conversation with Blaise as he picked at his plate with his left hand.