The Baby

Thunder struck as Severus made his way down the hallway. His heart clenching deep within his chest. He already knew what was ahead of him. Her husbands lifeless body was laying downstairs at the bottom of the stairs. Snape stared at him a hard moment before climbing over him and quickly going up the stairs. Making his way into the room he clutched his chest, falling to the floor, gripping the doorframe. There scattered ones the floor was the remains of his beloved. Snape can no longer hold back his tears as a sob rips through his chest.
A broken lamp lay askew on the floor inches from her red hair. Her pale face frozen in a heartbroken expression. An image that Severus would never in his life be able to forget. There was scattered books and broken pieces of house scattered around her lifeless body. From the crib to her right sat her son, Harry. He had tears running down his face and he was whining. Snape crawled on his hands and knees to her body drawing her up into his arms. Another boom of thunder as the room flashes white with the lighting from outside. He lets out a wail as he clutches her lifeless body to his chest. Tears streaming down his face as he rocks her back and forth.

Snape had no idea how long he sat there holding onto her. Harry had long since stopped crying and was now busying himself with a stuffed rabbit when a cry sounds from another room. Snape slowly sets Lily's body down on the floor and climbs up, drawing his wand from his robes as he steals another glance at Harry. He quickly does a silencing spell on the room. The boy was safe for now, he thought as he made his way out of the room. His hands shook as he strained to hear the noise again. A very soft cry was once again heard. It was from the room next to him now. Snape pushes the door open with his foot and brings up his wand. "Lumos" he whispers, bringing a bright white light from the tip of his wand. A quick look around the room and he almost turns around and leaves. There was nothing in there. Another cry stops him. Snape brings his wand up higher to get a better look at the room. There on the very back corner of the room was a very tiny bassinet. Snape gasps lightly as he makes his way towards it. He peaks down Over the to top reveal a very small newborn. She looked to be hours old. The only indication that she was indeed a girl was the big bow on her head. Snape looks at the baby in awe. She had bright red hair just like her mom, and the strangest eyes. One was blue and one was green. She was the spitting image of lily. Snape lets out another sob as he reaches forward and picks up the small newborn. She lets out a soft cry and wiggles her head around. Snape lightly strokes her hair and an idea forms in his head.

Snape couldn't keep the boy, he knew that much. But, no one knew the girl existed. Snape would take her home and raise her as his own. She would forever be his little piece of Lily. He looked back down in the bassinet in hopes of finding any indication for a name. He knew lily would have something with her name. There it was, a very small pink blanket, it looked muggle made with some kind of yarn. The name Heather was sprawled in cursive. Snape smiled. Yes, no one would know that she was even in existence and he would raise her as his own. Snape tucked the small baby in his arms and briefly covered her with his robes. He thought hard of where to take her and closed his eyes briefly. A small pop could be heard as he disapperated into the night, the baby tucked deep into his side.

Snape chose to have his mother help raise Heather while he taught at Hogwarts. His mother never once questioned who her mother was, or why he never told her that he was to have a child. Eileen Snape may not have been the best mother growing up, but she made up for it now. After Severus father died his mother softened greatly. She was very proud of him for getting a teaching job at Hogwarts and hoped to assist him in anyway possible to make up for how she allowed his father to treat him. So when he arrived at her home one evening with a small baby girl and asking for her help she was only to happy to oblige. She agreed that during the school year she would take care of her, and during his off time from work he would stay in his childhood home to take care of his daughter. One weekend when Heather was ten he decided to take her to the Malfoy Manor to meet his friends.

Now, Lucius Malfoy had very different opinions when it came to wizards. He was, old fashioned. He was one of The dark lords main followers and after the disappearance of Voldemort he took it out on everyone and anyone he could. Lucius and his wife Narcissa were both born into wealthy pure blood families. They both strongly disapproved of any relatives who did not continue on marrying pure bloods and raised there son Draco to believe the same. Draco was raised in his fathers regret for Voldemort's downfall. The biggest thing the Malfoys pride themselves on is there blood status and social status in the wizard king community where as Snape could care less. Alas, Snape and Lucius has grown close during school and with both being in Voldemorts army. He knew that Lucius wouldn't ask any questions on who Severus had his child with as long as she was a pure blood.

Arriving at Malfoy Manor was magnificent. Heather couldn't help but gaze up in wonder as her father held a tight grip on her hand. He had dressed her in an emerald green dress and tied her red hair back in little pigtails. As they made there way up to the tall gates outside she looked up at the sheer size.