The first task

Potions was by far her favorite subject. Even tho her father was the professor he didn't give her any special treatment. If anything he was harder on her than others because he knew her potential. She was pleasantly surprised when she found herself seated next to Draco. When her father had announced to everyone that there would be assigned seating the room was full of groans and moans of discomfort. But when he had placed her at the front of the room with Draco she was inwardly ecstatic. Not only had she had the biggest crush on him, but he was also brilliant at potions, as per her fathers opinion. Draco also seemed pretty happy with his seating because he had a big grin on his face as they both sat down.

"Take out your cauldrons and open your books to page 97." Professor Snape announces to the class after everyone had settled into their assigned seats. "Today we will be making Skele-gro potion." Snape addresses the class. It's rather silent as everyone opens up their supplies that the book lists off and they all get to work silently.

Heather is busy Coursley chopping up cabbage when Draco starts to whisper softly to her. "So I was wondering..." she pauses and lifts her head to look at him. He gives her a sheepish smile before brushing his hand through his platinum hair. "Would you be interested in watching the first task with me? My father is coming to watch the games and I thought you might enjoy watching with us." He says slowly.

"Won't Pansy mind?" She asks winking at him. Draco smiles at her.

"Are you sure your not interested in Pansy? You sure ask about her a lot." Draco says chuckling softly. Heather laughs and lightly pushes him.

"Not my type." She says turning back to her potion. She grabs her mortar and starts to crush dried pufferfish.

"What is your type? James?" Draco asks leaning in close. She can smell him he's so close. He smells like mint, citrus and the smell of the candle after you blow out the light. The hair on her neck prickles.

"James and I are just friends.." she says softly. Draco laughs again.

"Tell that to him. He clearly fancies you." Draco says winking at her. They don't talk again until the potion is complete and Heathers arm shoots up. Snape walks over and checks their potion. He smiles and nods his head.

"For being the first students to finish and for doing it correctly 10 points to Slytherin. Each." Snape says before walking away. Groans from Gryffindor fill the room and both Draco and Heather grin.

"So, are you gonna sit with us tonight?" Draco asks as he helps her put away their ingredients. Heather doesn't reply at first as she glances up at her dad. He would be sitting with the other professors, and James and her hadn't really talked about it.

"Yeah, okay. Thank you for inviting me." She says softly. A big grin spreads out on Dracos face.

That evening in her private bedroom Heather found herself in front of the mirror. She knew it wasn't a date but she still wanted to look nice for Draco.. she had teased up her hair a little in the back and straightened her bangs. She decided on wearing black leggings and a tight green shirt. Since it was going to be cold she wrapped herself in a black and green checkered hoody that she glamoured herself. She slipped on some flats and tucked her wand inside her hoody pocket. She was ready to go. Climbing down the steps in the common rooms she met Draco by the doors. He looked rather handsome. Draco was wearing tight jeans and an elegant looking coat with black leather gloves. His eyes lit up as he watched her approach.

"Well you look lovely." He said eyeing her. "Although you might get cold." He says holding out his arm for her to take. She winked at him before wrapping her arm in his. They made their way to the quidditch patch.

"Is this where the task is?" She asks confusion all over her face. Draco nods his head.

"That's where father said to meet him." He says pulling her into his shoulder. "I'm rather excited to see Potter fall on his arse." He laughs as they make their way to the edge of the field. The stands were already quickly filling up.

"That's not showing school spirit." Heather playfully chastised Draco. He rolls his eyes and drops his arm from hers as the edge the stands. She admittedly felt sad as he pulled their arms away from each other. They climbed the steps together one at a time, and as they passed by the Slytherin section Pansy gave her a scowl.

"Hey beautiful. Wanna sit with me?" Blaise asks as they get closer. Heather laughs I'm response, but Draco turns and grabs her hand, interlacing their fingers. He shoots Blaise a cocky smile.

"She's good, she's sitting with my family." Draco says matter of factly. Blaise rolls his eyes in reply and turns back to discuss something with Crabbe and Goyle. Heathers heart is beating out of her chest as she looks down at there combined hands. The rest of the walk to where Lucius sat seemed to only take a couple seconds and all to soon Draco was dropping her hand.

"Ah there you are." Lucius says to Draco. "It took you long enough." He says looking out at the field.

"Hi mr. malfoy." Heather says quietly, and Lucius snaps his head towards her.

"Hello there darling." The older malfoy says standing quickly. He hugs the younger girl tightly before letting go and sitting back down. "Draco didn't tell me you were too join us." Lucius says shooting Draco a small glare. Draco pales a little bit.

"I apologize father." He says softly before looking down. Lucius ignites his apology and looks back out at the field. Heather reaches for his hand again as if it were normal and sits down next to him. He raises and eyebrow but says nothing. He rubs his thumb over her knuckles softly almost like the touch of a butterfly's wing. So soft she almost didn't feel it. Looking down at the quidditch pitch she notices that it no longer looks like a field but with giant boulders. In the middle there was a pile of eggs.

"Who are you rooting for?" Lucius asks drawing her attention back to the here and now. She lifts her head up and smiles sweetly at him.

"Cedric Diggory sir." Heather says brightly.

"Ah yes, he's a nice boy. But I'm hoping for anyone except Potter." Lucius seethes out. Suddenly a group of men are dragging out a rather large looking dragon. Teh dragon is chained up next to the eggs and just as suddenly a cannon blows causing everyone to jump. "That would be the start." Mr.malfoy says with a laugh.

They all start to scream and cheer as Cedric Diggory makes his way onto the field.