The twist

Transfiguration class was cancelled for the week. They were all told to meet in the classroom but not to bring their books or wands. Very curious. Heather, James, and Ginny all walked into the classroom arms linked together. "Ladies on the right side of the room, gentleman on the left." Professor McGonagall announces to the incoming students. Heather and Ginny make there way to the rest of the girls and sit down. There are giggles radiating off the group of them. As soon as the last few students file into the room McGonagall begins her spiel. "The Yule ball has been tradition of the triwizard tournament since it began. We and our guests will gather in the great hall. As representatives of our school I expect each and everyone of you too put your best foot forward.. the Yule ball is first and formost, a dance." The entire right side of the room erupts in giggles and excited murmers. Even Heather finds herself blushing. She had never been to a dance before. "Now up in your feet. I want each girl and boy to pair off in groups of two and I will teach you a proper waltz." McGonagall says lifting her wand and pointing it at a particular looking instrument in the middle of the room. Soft music began to drift around them.

The girls stood immediately and walked to the center of the room and the boys were less excited. Heather smiled, thankful that it was currently only third years in here. She would hate to embarrass herself infront of The golden trio... and Draco.. she giggled to herself. She could only imagine his reaction to the news. James stood abruptly and walked towards her giving her an adorable eyeball giggle as he half ass bowed infront of her. Heather laughs and puts her hand in his own as slowly the rest of the room starts to pair off In twos.

"Now gentleman put your right hands on your partners waist and with your left hand you grab their hand. James casually grabbed her hand in his and put his other hand on her waist pulling her closer towards him with a smile on his face. She instantly puts her free hand up on his shoulder and smirks at him.

That night at dinner Heather found herself seated at the far end of the Slytherin table by herself. She was deep in thought about whom she wanted to go to the dance with. Or if anyone would want to go with her, sure lots of boys seemed to flirt with her since the begging of the school year. She took that to the fact that she was becoming her own person and no longer had to constantly wear her Hogwarts robes. Or maybe it was because of puberty? She giggled to herself. A loud shrill laugh at the other end of the table caught her attention and she looked up from her plate. At the other end Pansy was literally hanging onto Dracos arm and squealing.

"Drakky doesn't a dance sound sooo fun?" She squealed in delight. Draco didn't say anything just casually nodded his head in reply. Heather felt her heart start to quicken. Please don't ask him to the dance.. she kept repeating in her head like a prayer. A sudden loud pop sounded from the front of the great hall and the room fell silent. Everyone's eyes looking towards the teachers who admittedly looked just as stunned. The goblet in the middle of the room was glowing a brilliant shade of purple and shot out a burst of flames that seemed to float over the entire room. A few students screamed causing the teacher to stand up and pull out their wands. Another pop sounded and a ghostly whisper filled the room. Everyone froze. Her fathers face turned ghost white and he stepped forward slowly. As if he knew the voice. It whispered again slowly. "Snape." And another snap rang out and a single shot of paper flew out. Dumbledore caught it gracefully and stared hard at it. Suddenly murmers started going throughout the room and the goblets glow dissolved and it was back to normal.

"Everyone go back to your dinner." Dumbledore called out. His eyes still glued to the paper infront of him. He slowly raised his head and looked at her father and she watched as her father paled even more than normal. The rooms conversations started to pick back up and in no time everyone was ignoring the teachers again. Dumbeldore nodded his head at a few of the teachers and a few of them scuttled out of the room. Her hunger was now gone and she climbed up slowly. What was happening now and what did it have to do with her dad. She ignored the curious look from James at Ravenclaw table as she followed the group of teachers who had left the great hall.

She heard muffled chit chat as she followed the sound of her fathers voice. The voices were coming inside an empty classroom. Heather pulled her hair up in a ponytail and leaned against the doorway to listen in on what was going on. "No absolutely not" she heard her father seethe. "It's not even a question. Fudge isn't here no one has to know. "

"There has to be a reason Severus." Dumbeldore said calmly. She peaked around the corner and seen a look of almost anguish in her fathers eyes.

"No!" Snape said more viscously. "She will not compete in this heinous competition. She is too young Albus. I say no." He snaps. Her heart beat is thumping out of her chest. There was no way this was happening. "Besides, the games have already begun, it wouldn't make since for her to join now." He said finishing.

Suddenly someone grabbed her by the ruff of her neck and yanked her into the room. "You have a spy." Igor Karkaroff sneers as he lets go of her arm. Her fathers face scrunches up and he quickly walks forward stepping between her and Igor.

"That's my daughter you twat." He snarls.

"I don't care whom she is, she was spying." He says matter of factly. "Now what's going on?" He sneers again. Dumbledore sighs and glances at heathers fearful expression.

"It seems that whoever put mr. potters name in the goblet has bewitched it a second time and miss Snapes name has been submitted. Igor scoffed.

"Hogwarts already has two champions Albus, there is no way I'm allowing you to have a third." Igor shoves Snape away from
Him and turns to glare at Heather. "I'm not sure what your allowing your students to get away with Albus but at Durmstrang I would be punishing her severely for this." He snaps.

Snape lets out a growl and lightly grabs ahold of her arm and pulls her behind him. "You won't touch my daughter Karkaroff."

"Alright that's enough." Dumbledore raises his voice loudly. "This is my decision. I am headmaster if this school." He says calmly. "And it seems miss. Snape doesn't have a choice.. the rules are binding. Once the goblet chooses the decision is final. She will have to compete in the last two tasks. I'm sorry my friend." He says turning to face Severus. If looks could kill everyone in the room would be dead. Her fathers scowl was terrifying. "Miss. Snape, I suggest you not say anything to anyone until we give you further direction. Now   Why don't you run along to bed."

Heather slowly shakes her head yes and slowly turns around to leave the room. Her father follows her out the room and tightly grabs her arm. He says nothing as he pulls her  his chambers. Once inside his rooms he looks the door and sets up wards to keep people out. "Tell me your not stupid enough to enter your name." He says quietly finally turning to address her. Heather shakes her head no. "You swear?" He asks losing the anger in his tone.

"Dad.. I swear. I wouldn't know how to even do such magic.." she says softly. She feels a familiar tugging in her brain. Her father was using his Legilimency to see into her mind. Flashes of her and James laughing in Hogsmede. A flash of her and Draco drinking fire whiskey. She blushes as her father glares down at her. A flash of Mr. Malfoy being slightly flirtatious with her.. flashing becoming quicker and quicker until finally one of her and Harry caught his attention. They were talking about Potions and her father scoffed. Seeing her memories from someone else's point of view was an odd feeling. And she couldn't help but think that her and Harry had a few similarities. She couldn't quite explain it tho. Her father seemed to see what he was looking for tho because he pulled out of her Brain.

"I believe you. " he says still glaring at her. He slowly sits down on the edge of his bed and sighs. "I'll help you in any way I can.." he says softly. "But you have to listen to what I say verbatim." She nods her head and glances at the floor. A soft smirk tugs at Snapes mouth. "I had no idea you were already so boy crazy." He says chuckling softly.

"I thought you'd be more mad about me drinking." She says softly. He laughs.

"That too.. but I was young once you know.. now head back to your room. And stop fawning over boys. Let them fawn over you." He says with a laugh. She nods her head and turns to leave. She pauses at the door before turning back it look at him.

"I'm sacred you know.. I could never face a dragon.. and that was supposed to be the easy task.." Snapes eyes softens.

"Yes, well, like I said. I'll help you every step of the way. You do not have to win. Our goal is just to survive." He says softly.