Chapter Seven | Not What It Seems

"Everything about you is a conspiracy. Just like your love you have for me. It's all a broken dream, with things that are never what they seem."

~Unknown

>>•<<

Wheeljack hung there in silence, his servos clenching into fists as he waged war inside himself. He was doing something he normally didn't do: stop and think. Would Miko's life be worth it? Was the base's location really more important than the life of one of his best friends?

Megatron stood and waited, gaze leveled. He couldn't tell which answer the Wrecker would give, though either one would surprise him. A dangerous grin formed on his faceplate. He had the mech trapped, and it was pleasant to watch him squirm.

"I . . . I can't." Wheeljack grinds his dentas together, forcing his spark to stay together despite the feeling of it being ripped apart. "I won't. You will never get the location out of me!"

The warlord's vocalizers produce a disappointed sound. "What a pity. It seems I was wrong about the Autobots and their attachment to their pets." The door opens behind him, and Soundwave walks in with something clutched in his thin digits. Opening them, a pink and black head pops up.

"Wheeljack!" Miko exclaims, standing up and attempting to escape Soundwave. The mech, however, simply grabs her foot and dangles her in the air, her fists flying toward his face as she made a spectacle of herself. "Lemme go you scrapheap!" She yells. "I'm going to tear you into little pieces once I get my hands on you!"

"No!" Wheeljack sags in defeat. Maybe he could have taken it if they didn't kill her right in front of him. But now . . .

"No what?" Megatron sneers. "Are you reconsidering your earlier statement? Rest assured Wheeljack I am a very lenient and merciful mech; I won't harm a hair on her organic head if you tell me exactly what I want to hear."

Miko stops her thrashing, the blood draining into her head, making her dizzy. She arches her back like a worm, bending so she gets a good look at Wheeljack. "Don't do whatever you're about to do, Jackie! I can take it!" Her fierce gaze almost convinced him she could.

Almost.

"Soundwave, if he doesn't give me an adequate answer in the next ten seconds, I want you to snap her neck." Megatron orders.

Soundwave gives an affirmative nod, continuing to dangle Miko by her leg as he watches Wheeljack, waiting for him to give them an answer. Wheeljack look conflicted, his optics locked on Miko as he fought with himself. Finally, after a long moment, he hung his head and sighed.

"I'll tell you where it is . . ."

>>•<<

June woke up on the couch with a start, the furniture squeaking as her body jerked. Gasping, she shakes her head to clear her vision of the nightmare that had been dancing before her eyes. The kids, horribly transformed into . . . . things. Abominations. And Megatron stood behind them, laughing his rough, sick laugh.

Heart hammering, she looks around the Autobot base to see Arcee was looking better, and Bumblebee was even sitting up, still looking a bit dazed- for a robot anyway. Ratchet was currently looking at the scout, doing an analysis on him with a scanner.

A shame we humans aren't advanced enough to come up with that kind of technology yet. June thinks to herself with a bit of jealousy. It would make diagnosis much easier.

Ah, well. Not like she could just have Ratchet develop a smaller version for humans, patent it as her own, and have it reproduced and sold worldwide without any explanation or research background. An out of the blue invention would raise quite a few eyebrows.