Chapter Thirty Four | Crescendo

"There is no denying that there is evil in this world but the light will always conquer the darkness."

~Idowu Koyenikan, Wealth for All: Living a Life of Success at the Edge of Your Ability

>>•<<

"Are you ready to fire the weapon?" Megatronus demanded to a drone, who nodded with a touch of eagerness, not wanting to anger his master.

"Yes sir!"

"Fire on my command." He instructed, glaring at the military base. Soon, he would be rid of those Autobots, and could next focus on annihilating the monsters who called themselves-

The opening of the bridge door interrupted his thoughts, and he growled angrily, hurling around to snarl at whoever dared to interrupt.

"What is it-!"

He stopped, immediately taking a copious step back as what could only be described as the ghost of Megatron filled the doorway. His red optics narrowed in suspicion, servo curling into fist.

"Miss me, Jackson?" Megatron sneered slightly.

"I go by Megatronus now." Jack snapped. "Consider me your superior, among other things."

Megatron barked out a laugh. "I may have underestimated you once, but I will not make the same mistake twice. However . . . I did not come back from the dead to fight."

Megatronus glared, hatred filling his spark. "Oh really? I highly doubt you have to do anything but exact revenge upon me."

"What about returning your mother?" The warlord extended his clawed servo slightly, revealing the tiny woman he had at first hidden from Jack's view.

The corrupted mech's jaw dropped, optics flickering briefly as he took in the sight of his mother, zooming and focusing his optics solely on her, taking in ever detail. She was slightly thinner, and a bit ragged, but she was alive.

My mother is alive.

"Jack, please." She pleaded softly, reaching out to him. "Stop this insanity. The Autobots . . . They are not to blame for what has happened. Megatron and the Decepticons have every right to take the blame."

"I was told you had died." Jack spoke slowly. "Arcee saw you herself!"

"Yes, but I had deceived them all." Megatron explained. "I had Soundwave open up a Groundbridge below her, and right before anyone could see I shot around her, kicking up enough dust to obscure anything that was happening."

Jack paused, then became angry, growling. "What if you had hit her?! Killed her?!"

"At the time I did not care." Megatron replied indifferently. "If she lived, she was another bit of leverage for me. If she died, it was no personal loss of my own. However, I am not so thoughtless now." He kept his servo extended outward. "I have made a deal with Primus, in which I must align myself with Optimus Prime, restore you to the Autobots, and recreate Cybertron."

"How do I know you're not lying?" Megatronus snapped.

"Because I am here to verify the truth." Optimus Prime stepped out from where he had hidden just behind the door, walking up to stand just behind Megatron, looking over his shoulder. "Megatron is not lying to you, nor does he have any double meanings to his words. We are all here to unite as one."

Jack stood in a slightly defensive stance for a long time, his faceplates having started to wrinkle in a hateful expression. But upon seeing his mother, her eyes pleading, they softened. Silence resumed for some time before he spoke.