Being Human (Transformers Prime)

Disclaimer: I do not own the Transformers Prime characters/storylines. I will not have any OCs in this work, but I am making up my own plot so I own that. I apologize if any of the characters seem OOC.

Special thanks to JessicaMarie72 for allowing me to use her idea of Human-to-Transformer in this fanfiction! I highly recommend you check out her "Stay" series, both the new and old books. She is a very good writer. ^_^

Remember, your comments and votes are really appreciated! I love getting feedback from my readers. ;)

♥♥♥

~Fanfic_Fanatic13

>>•<<

"Only humans can know what it means to strip a human being of being human."

~Jeanette Winterson

>>•<<

"Hello, this is Jack Darby. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you right now, I'm probably working . . . or saving the world, haha. But if you need anything you know the drill. Leave a message after the beep."

June Darby hung up the phone before the voicemail had ended, sighing and redialing her son's number. He was probably at the Autobot base, which would explain why his phone instantly went to voicemail, but normally he and Arcee were out driving at this time. She knew that because they had arranged it to be so. She would call to check up on him, and he would reassure her that he and Arcee were having a good time going as fast as physically possible in her alternate mode.

"Hello, this is Jack Darby-"

Hanging up yet again, she starts her car and punches in a new number, driving out of the parking lot of the makeshift hospital. It wasn't a bad place, in fact Agent Fowler had provided her and the rest of Jasper, Nevada's nurses and docters with a suitable place to work. After the city had been destroyed, several people were panicking and getting themselves hurt. Work was definitely more stressful than it had been in a long time.

A beep informs her that her call had gone through, and been picked up. "Good evening, Ratchet." She greet politely.

"Good evening, Nurse Darby." He had been put off guard by her sweet tone. She suspected he knew something was wrong. "Is there a reason for your unexpected call?"

A sarcastic retort on the tip of her tongue, she opts to be serious with him. They were, after all, discussing the safety of her son and the other kids. "Yes. Have you seen Jack?"

A brief pause. "I did, but I don't see him now." She could hear him grumbling on the other side of the line. "I suspect that Miko has once again dragged them into something." A faint tapping filled in the silence, he was typing on his computer. "Optimus, are the children with you?"

"Indeed, old friend. I was just about to call you for a Groundbridge. An energon mine is not an ideal place to let humans explore."

"Poisoning, explosions, potential collapse. Hardly ideal, if you want them to live." Slightly annoyed by the medic's constant pessimistice view on humans, June concentrates on the road and listens to the conversation on the other end. "I'm getting a fix on your lo- Optimus?"

The tone he used wasn't good. June gripped the steering wheel tight, worry setting in and lacing through her voice as her mom instincts kicked in. "Ratchet, what's going on?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm suspecting the worst." As he always did. "Their communication links are down!"

One word flashed through June's mind. Decepticons. "Ratchet, can you still figure out where they are?"

"I'm browsing through the Groundbridge history right now." He informs her. "Nurse Darby, I'm sorry, but I will have to end this call. The children are with their guardians, they will be fine."

She nods before remembering he couldn't see her. "All right. I'll be there in about ten minutes."

Click.

Putting her phone in her lap, she puts both hands on the steering wheel and accelerates as fast as she dared, several scenarios playing through her head. No matter how positive a light she tried to put the situation in, deep in the back of her mind she knew that whatever it was, it wouldn't be good. Not if the Decepticons were involved.