Chapter Fourteen | Search and Rescue

"What we find changes who we become."

~Peter Morville

>>•<<

Arcee felt a sharp jolt of pain each time she fired her guns, the burnt and slow-healing armor and wiring there sensitive to her own energon blasts.

And she loved it.

The femme was no sadist, but the pain let her know that she was still alive, that she had survived the Decepticon ambush, and was now able to exact her revenge on them. They took away her partner, and so she was going to take him back. No matter the condition he was in, she would always want to have Jack back.

Her guns quickly turned into swords the moment she got close enough to use them, slicing at the Vehicons that got in her way, not hesitating even though they reminded her of Shovel. She wouldn't let such a thought get her hurt, or killed.

Bumblebee fought alongside her, occasionally beeping obscenities at the Decepticons as they continued to come in waves, his blasters able to find their marks better than the enemy's. And that was a good thing, too; it made surviving all the more easier.

::Bulkhead, go and search the cell blocks.:: Optimus Prime commanded. ::Arcee and Bumblebee, scout out the laboratories on this ship. I am going to the bridge.::

::I'm on it!:: Bulkhead replied, Arcee unable to refrain from protesting.

::Optimus, the Decepticons can easily trap you on the bridge. Don't let yourself get caught up in that!::

::Going to the bridge will ensure that Megatron, our biggest threat, is contained. Once you find Jack, Miko, and Rafael, I will retreat.:: His tone indicated that there was no room for argument. It frustrated Arcee to no end, how their commander would always put himself in the worst of positions, but given that he outraged her, she had to yield.

::Understood. Scouting the labs now with Bee.:: Cutting the connection, she huffed with frustration before refocusing on the Vehicon's coming her way.

Come and get it, Decepticon scrap.

>>•<<

Bulkhead charged down the halls of the Nemesis, beating back any Vehicon that got in his way, a force to be reckoned with as shots hit him but did little damage. His armor was tough enough to withstand several blows.

The first several cells he had checked were empty, not showing any trace of humans- or Cybertronian. It hadn't escaped the Wrecker's mind that Wheeljack could be on this ship, if what June had told Jack was true. He also recalled, however, how she had lied to her son, saying that the Autobots had all been killed. According to Optimus, the warlord had figured out that it was quite the opposite, and it was obvious. The Vehicons seemed unfazed that Autobots were infiltrating the ship.

So, in conclusion, the human woman could have been lying about Wheeljack as well. But his kind and big spark wanted to give June the benefit of the doubt.

"Miko . . .?" Bulkhead whispers quietly as he opens the next cell door. "Jackie?"

There was no answer, and the big mech almost decided to skip the rest of the cell blocks. It was eerily silent, no sounds of a struggle or anything else in that area with him. A small but of logic told him to keep going, to be thorough, and so he did.

The first two doors were empty, and again he thought his search fruitless. But then when he opened the third door, a rush of relief, horror, and shock ran through him.