Chapter Twenty Seven | Framed

"Nature that framed us of four elements, warring within our breasts for regiment, doth teach us all to have aspiring minds."

~Niccolo Machiavelli

>>•<<

"Hah! Too quick for ya, huh?" Miko taunted as she dodged yet another slow attack from a Vehicon, grabbing their shoulders and tossing them across the room into the wall, her servos transforming into blasters and giving her the long distance reach she needed to finish the job. She gave the observing Decepticons a grin, her servos reverting back. "That wasn't hard at all. Got more for me to smash?!"

Jack and Rafael stood against the wall, being forced to watch the carnage Miko had caused, the two of them flinching every time a Vehicon managed to score a hit. Their friend did not seem to be hurt in the slightest, but Jack suspected her shields had been lowered by about 75%. And because she was still bouncing on her feet, Megatron would keep her going until she collapsed from exhaustion. Jack was slowly learning how to fake it, and he wished he had told Miko how to as well.

Megatron did not dignify her with an answer, simply nodding at Soudnwave, the two sharing a silent conversation. The communications officer pushed a button, and double the amount of Vehicons poured in, their guns raised. Miko grinned, enjoying the challenge.

Faster than expected she dodged the shots and attacked her first victim, shooting the Vehicon in the face before dodging punches from the two Vehicons next to him, letting them hit each other and then using her own fists to hit them again. Next came out her blades as she went in for a more personal attack, slicing up a Vehicon unlucky enough to get close to her, a whirlwind of destruction that was the pink and black blur.

Rafael flinched, hard, when she was shot in the back, but the girl recovered by using he momentum to somersault away, turning and shooting at her assailant, who went down almost immediately. Getting to her feet, Miko strolled back into the middle of the room, blue optics challenging Megatron. "Piece of cake. That's human for 'easy.'" She put a servo in front of her mouth and faked a yawn. "Do you really not have something harder?"

Megatron let the servos that were clasped behind his back loosen and hang at his sides, Jack immediately straightening with a horrified expression.

"I have something in mind." The warlord hissed, stalking closer to her. "Since you don't seem to know how to speak to your superiors, I will give you a lesson."

Miko felt some of the energon leave her helm as he unsheathed his sword, backing up until she hit the opposite wall, her optics wide. She had gotten ahead of herself, and now she was mentally bracing for the pain that was to come. If Jack was scared, she should be scared.

"What is it, Miko?" Megatron mocked. "Have you become a coward now?"

A newfound fire sprang up in her optics. She would not let anyone call her a coward, much less the leader of the Decepticons! Her parents did not instill many things into their daughter, but the traditional feeling of honor in oneself and their family was rooted deeply within the girl. She would not let the Nakadai name be tainted by such a word as cowardly.

"I am not a coward!" She yelled angrily before lashing out, her side blades coming out of her arms as she cut at the warlord, momentarily surprised when he countered her just as fast. For a mech his sized he moved incredibly fast-

"Gah!" She cried out as his left fist smashed into her, causing her to sail across the room and hit the wall with a crash, the girl dropping like a sack of bricks.