Chapter 14

Quick note before the chapter starts. I got a new cover for the story, and I would love some feedback concerning whether I should replace the current one. If you designed a cover, I would love to see it! Also, sorry I haven't really been updating. I've been a little busy lately, and I didn't have time. Thanks for reading, vote comment, and all that other stuff! ❤

This chapter Is dedicated to Aly_Loves_Absol , my best friend.
🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌛

After Cammie showed up, things went along pretty smoothly. May was as horrible, Addie was incompetent, Anita was loyal, and I was trying to use everything in my power to trigger my memories. So everything was normal.

On the outside, I was doing great. I excelled in all of my classes, and in my practice sessions with Ms. Wren my powers were getting stronger every day. On the inside however, I was a wreck. I had been the cause of my sister's death and my parents kidnapping, and I had no recollection of any of it. I didn't even remember my last name, no matter how hard I tried. Luckily I had a good poker face, or the whole school would think I was some kind of depressed weirdo, instead of just a normal weirdo.

Fall was slowly coming to an end, and the various trees around campus were slowly losing their leaves. There was an air of excitement around the school for winter break, and the annual dance that took place in the last day before break. This year the students were getting the chance to pick the theme of the dance by writing their idea on a paper and dropping it in a box in the cafeteria.

I had gotten the idea of a winter wonderland theme, complete with ice skating and snow ball fights. I even wrote that I had a friend who could decorate the gym for the dance with actual snow and ice. I was just dropping it in the box when a voice came on over the speakers:"Ella, please come to the office. You have a visitor." It couldn't have been anyone else, because normally the secretary would say the first and last name.

Anita was feeling a little sick and had stayed in our dorm, so I made my way to the office alone, wondering who could be visiting me. Unless my parents had escaped captivity, it wouldn't be family, and the only friends- friend- I had went to the school. The only two possibilities I could think of we're that whoever had killed Cammie was making a move to kidnap me, or someone I didn't remember was coming to see me. I was hoping for the second, but I kept alert just in case.

I entered the office just as Mr.Estel was leaving it for lunch. Ms. Wren and my mysterious visitor would be the only ones inside.

"What do you mean she's changed?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask as I walked in. It came from a boy who looked about sixteen, who was standing at Ms. Wren's desk. His back was turned to me at the moment, so I could not see his face. He had short brown hair and wore a grey T shirt and jeans. I cleared my throat when he was done speaking, and he and Ms. Wren turned their attention to me.

He looked at me and his eyes widened. Two seconds later, I was being choked to death in a crushing bear hug.

"Ella! Thank god, I finally found you!" He pulled away and the breath returned to my lungs. As soon as I could breathe again, I shoved him away and held my hands out in front of me, ready to turn him into a human torch.

"Who are you and why are you here?" I demanded. I felt my palms heating up as I questioned him. His expression went from one of happiness to one of confusion.

"It's me Ella... Ben? Remember, the tree house?" He spoke to me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world and I was just insane.

"I don't know a Ben, and I defiantly don't know you. For all I know, you're here to kill me." I said, sounding more sure of my words than I felt. I had no recollection of the boy in front of me (shocker), and yet he seemed familiar. He stared at me for a second, then started laughing.

"Dang it! You got me! You had me worried there Ella." He chuckled, but abruptly stopped when he saw that I was dead serious. "Wait, you are kidding, right?

"I don't joke very often," I said," and when I do, it's easy to tell. If you really knew me, you'd know that. Now, why are you here?" I said, meaning every word. He paled at my sentence, finally realizing that the jig was up and I knew he didn't know me.

"I- we-...We were friends for a year! I really know you, and you know me!" He stuttered sounding desperate. When I heard his last sentence, all of the hurt, anger, and confusion that had entered my brain in place of my memories came pouring out.

"NO. You don't KNOW ME. No one KNOWS ME. I DON'T EVEN KNOW ME! I don't know who you are or why you're here, but you need to leave. If you really 'knew me' you'd know that I pack quite a punch when I'm angry, and right now, I'm pissed at someone who is trying to trick me into thinking they're my friend. Have a nice life!" I ranted, turning and dashing out the office door and out into the school courtyard. I didn't stop until I reached the steps.

I sat down and for the first time in, well, as long as I could remember, I cried.

🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌛

PLEASE READ!

So sorry for the lack of updates! Hopefully there are some people who haven't given up on me and Elements yet! Please comment and vote! I will start dedicating chapters to people who vote and comment.

⭐This is important⭐
What super power would you give to Coach Clair? I need some ideas!

Thanks for sticking with this book! I'll try to update more often!

Karategirl