Chapter 21

Hey guys and girls! Sorry for the wait for chapters. This one is dedicated to the amazing katbgoldenheart for the equally amazing cover. It's not ready yet, but from what I've seen, I'll have a cover that matches the book perfectly.

Thanks for sticking around long enough to read this. You are awesome!
🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌛

Twenty four hours later, I was standing in the office once again. Ms. Wren looked up and smiled at me as I walked through the door. We would be skipping the training session to plan for the dance.

"Come with me," she said, standing and walking through the door opposite the one leading into Mr. Estel's office, which I assumed led to hers.

The room on the other side was neat and orderly. Just like the main office, the wall facing off the front of the school was a ceiling to floor window, with not a single smudge on it. A tall black desk chair faced away from the window towards a sleek black desk, which was home to an expensive looking laptop, as well as a notebook and a cup of pens.

Against the opposite wall, painted white, was a tall bookshelf filled with novels if all shapes and sizes. It took me a moment to realize that they were all comic books, written about the heroes who had attended the Haven before us. Next to the bookshelf was a cushioned chair with wooden arm rests, that faced the window and the desk.

The other two walls were painted red and were covered with realistic paintings of previous super heroes and one of the school itself.

Ms. Wren sat in the desk chair with her back to the window, while I dragged the armchair over to the desk to face her.

"So," she began, folding her hands on the desk in front of her," do you have any ideas for the dance? I hope you've put a good amount of thought into this."

Thankfully, I had. Not only had I been coming up with ideas for the dance, but so had my fellow students. They had help me come up with ideas for the dance- those brave enough to approach me anyways. We spent the next few hours planning the dance.

Two students had been especially helpful in planning the dance: two close friends named Alyssa and Hanna. Hanna had great ideas for the different foods to be served, and had made me a playlist to play at the dance. Alyssa came up with some fun, winter themed activities and decorations that would be sure to be a hit. While I wouldn't say we were friends, they no longer alienated me- we were pretty much acquaintances.

The main dance would be held inside the gym. For food, we planned for hot chocolate and chicken noodle soup. It would be serve on tables outside the gym so students could warm up before entering the frigid gym, which would be kept at 20 degrees to keep the ice and snow from melting. There would also be a tiered ice cream cake with periwinkle frosting.

Inside there would be an icy slope directly in front of the door. There would be a tunnel through the sledding hill for entering students to get to the main area of the gym. In the center of the gym would be a DJ booth playing the playlist Hanna had assembled. There would also be a giant ice skating rink shaped like a donut, with a dance floor in the middle. Finally, on the far side of the gym, there would be two forts made of solid ice made specifically for snowball fights.

The ceiling would be covered in icicles and- my personal favorite- what would appear to be a crystal chandelier. However, rather than crystal, this one would be made of ice. The walls of the gym would have intricate patterns on them, drawn on in frost.

All the ice and snow would have to come from somewhere, or someone. And lucky for me, I was a living snow machine. Ms. Wren had arranged for me to have 30 minutes alone in the gym to set it up. This would be the biggest test of my powers yet, but I knew I could succeed.

If everything went as planned, the dance would be perfect. But nothing always goes as planned, a voice in the back of my head whispered. Shut up, I told myself in return. This would be perfect.