Chapter 3

Thankfully, they did. I stomped the ground once and the earth shook, twice and it stilled. A wave of my hand and fire surrounded me, another and the flames turned to ice. I began to dance, spinning and dipping, every element springing to life at every step I took.

I don't know how long I danced for, but eventually I slowed. As I did so, the wails of the dead ceased, the water evaporated, and any signs of my dance slipped away. Mr. Estel stared at me, stunned.

He took off his glasses, polishing them with a cleaning cloth that had been tucked in his shirt pocket, and put them back on- almost like he was unsure if he had really seen what he thought he had, or if it had just been a very strange smudge on his glasses. He must have decided against the smudge being a viable option, because when he finally spoke, he began with, "Well. That was... remarkable, to say the least. I do believe I can say with complete honesty that you just put on the most fascinating first-day performance I've ever seen. How..." he trailed off and shook his head, trying to push away his disbelief. "how long have you had these powers? How did you get them?"

"Well...  was hoping you might be able to help me answer those questions," I admitted sheepishly.

He tilted his head to the side. "I'm afraid I don't follow."

"What I mean to say is, I've recently lost my memory- as in, a few hours ago. I woke up on a bench at a bus stop with absolutely no clue who I was. All I knew was my first name, my powers, that I had to board whatever bus showed up... and that I'm in extreme danger."

"I see," he frowned. "I suppose it could be standard amnesia, but typically that's not so... selective. Somehow, you knew exactly what you needed to to make it here- no more and no less. Its far too specific to be something so simple as standard amnesia. If I had to guess, given your powers... it seems to me that you've had your memories stolen."

"Stolen? How on earth does someone steal memories?"

"Well, there's a number of ways. There are people with super powers out there that allow them to tamper with thoughts and memories. There's also hypnotism-archaic, perhaps, but effective- and brainwashing, though those usually require consent or a long time, respectively. I'll look into it, if you'd like. Now, as for this danger you mentioned. Do you have any inkling as to what manner of danger you're in?"

"Something to do with my powers..." I shook my head, trying to clear the fuzziness that still lingered.

"I see. Not much to go on, I'm afraid."

"Will you keep them a secret?" I requested. "If all I know is that this danger is the result of my powers, maybe keeping them hidden will ward off this danger until we can figure out what's going on."

He pursed his lips, but consented. "If that is what you wish; they are your powers after all. But I warn you, your peers may find out on their own."

"I know, but this will at least give me a bit more time to get my bearings," I said quietly. He nodded, handed me my dorm assignment, and instructed me to go to the office to get my name problem fixed. I headed out the door into the cafeteria.

It was chaos. Hundreds if kids, all trying to get food at once. The poor lunch ladies were dishing it up as fast as they could, but the line still stretched around the room twice. Some kids were using their powers to get the food without waiting in line, stretching their arms far beyond normal human flexibility, flying across the room and above the other kids, or just threatening kids to get them to give up their spots in the line.

I knew if I waited I would never make it to the office. Quickly, I grew an apple in my hand when I thought no one was looking and started looking for the exit to the overly crowded room. Sadly, someone was looking.

🌜🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌛

Here's chapter three guys! I hope you enjoy it. please let me know if you have any ideas for Ella.

This one's a little shorter. Sorry for that! If you don't like it, don't tell me.😉

If you're enjoying elements so far! If you are, please leave a vote or a comment. Much love!

KarateGirl124