Chapter 27

Warning, may contain foul language.
----------------------------------------------
What the hell?

One second we're having fun and laughing, and the next he's shutting down and walking away. How was a girl supposed to take this?

I shook my head in frustration and walked out of the gym. Quickly, I walked down the hall to the restroom and locked myself in a stall. All I had said was that things had gotten complicated. Why did that make him walk away?

I closed the lid of the toilet and sat down, burying my head in my hands. What was happening to me? I did not need any more drama in my life. I already had a bully, crazy powerful super powers, amnesia, and, oh, that's right, a super villain who wanted to kidnap me! I did not need a boy problem! I didn't have the chance to have normal girl problems!

I sat for a few minutes, taking deep breaths. I shoved Ben's weirdness into the farthest corner of my mind, and exited the stall. After checking that I hadn't destroyed Anita's handiwork during the dance so far, I walked back into the gym.

Only to be thoroughly pissed off.

There was Ben, with none other than May clinging to his arm like a lost puppy.

I needed to punch something.

Unfortunately, that would cause a lot of problems. Instead I went over to the snow ball forts and started hurling snow as hard as I could. I only stopped when someone grabbed my arm, making me stop and look up at them. Anita stared at me with a razed eyebrow.

"What'd that snowball ever do to you?"

I heaved a sigh and put down the snow ball. "Nothing. Just needed a way to take out some anger."

She gave me a sad smile. "Trouble in paradise?" I smiled.

"Something like that. The problem goes something like, 'boy plus bully equals pissed off Ella'". I shook my head and threw another snow ball.

"I don't like those variables very much. You?" Anita replied, grabbing a snowball herself. She too began throwing them at the other side.

"Not one bit. Hence, I subtracted myself from the equation." I smiled at my continuation of the math pun. Who knew I had a sense of humor?

"Apparently Ben did too" she pointed across the gym where Ben was brushing May off of him and walking away. I laughed at the expression on her face. I had never seen May so... shocked.

I turned to Anita, and together we cracked up.
----------------------------------------------
Ben's P. O. V.

I walked away from Ella, a lot on my mind. I didn't want to make anything more complicated for her. God knew she had it hard enough.

Maybe coming after her wasn't such a great idea.

I was pulled out of my train of thought when a girl stepped in front of my, making me stop.

"Hey, you're Ben, right?" She said in a sickly sweet voice. I recognized her by her green streak as the girl who had been so rude to Ella.

"Yes, and I'm also a bit occupied right now." I responded coolly. She laughed my words off.

"I'm May. I saw you talking to the freak over there. What a weirdo, right?" She laughed as if she had told the greatest joke in the world. She went to stand beside me and placed her hands on my shoulder.

"Ella happens to be one of the best people I've ever met, thank you very much." I emphasized her name. "What the heck do you have against her.