Special Birthday Presents

The sun rises and Clio is woken up by the sound of her maid's voice.

"Happy birthday Princess Clio, time to wake up."

"Thanks, Lydia," Clio says getting out of bed.

"After you get dressed your parents are waiting for you in the jewel room," the maid informs her.

"Okay," Clio says as she takes the dress the seamstress made her last year, it is dark pink with a cream underskirt, and the same collar as her normal dress. She accessorizes her outfit with her light purple fingerless gloves and her favorite hat.

Clio walks into the jewel room where her parents are waiting.

"Happy birthday Clio," Queen Odelle says.

"Happy birthday Sweetheart," her father says hugging her.

"Thank you, why are we in the jewel room?" Clio asks.

"Becoming 12 is a big deal for a girl and it is a Corinthian royal tradition that upon turning 12 they choose their own present," her father stands up.

"Clio, we know that you love hats and plays but we thought that now you are old enough you would want to have a necklace," Queen Odelle says.

Clio smiles, it is her turn to pick out her own jewel. She always admired Sofia's amulet.

The Birthday Princess walks around the room to look at the necklaces when a light catches her eye.

She turns towards the light and starts walking to it. The light is coming from a dark pink necklace.

"I have never seen a necklace glow before," Queen Odelle says.

"Your Majesties, the Enchancian princesses are here," the castle steward announces.

"They have come very early, go greet your friends Clio," Queen Odelle says.

"Okay," Clio says as she puts the amulet on and walks out of the room.

She swiftly walks down to the entrance where her two close friends are waiting.

"Happy birthday Clio," the princesses say.

"Thank you," Clio says.

"The protectors and I got you a gift, it's waiting outside," Sofia says.

"What is it?" Clio asks excitedly.

"Close your eyes," Amber says.

"Eyes closed," Clio says closing her eyes.

"Okay Clio we are going out of the castle, Amber, go get the present," Sofia says as she leads Clio out of the castle.

"You've got it," Amber says leaving to get the present.

Clio hears something that sounds like hooves making contact with the ground.

Sofia sees Amber bringing the present to them.

"Okay Clio, you can open your eyes," Amber says when the sound stops.

Clio opens her eyes to see a black unicorn with a velvet mane and light purple horn.

"Is that a unicorn?" Clio asks.

"Not just any unicorn," Sofia says.

"It's a flying unicorn," Amber says as she grabs Clio's hand and brings her to the unicorn's side.

"You guys got me a flying unicorn?" Clio has a sparkle in her eye.

"Actually she volunteered," Sofia says.

"Volunteered? What for?" Clio asks mounting the unicorn.

"Since protectors of the Ever Realm aren't magical we have to do a few things differently than the other protectors, we have two animals to help us on missions. I have Minimus for missions in the Ever Realm and Skye for missions on the Mystic Isles. You can use Lilac for missions here and Midnight volunteered to help with missions on the Mystic Isles," Sofia says petting Midnight's mane.

"Thank you so much you guys, and thank you Midnight," Clio hugs her present.

"It is my pleasure, I am always up for an adventure and with my brother helping Sofia I thought that I could help you," Midnight says.

"That is Skye's sister?" Amber asks Sofia.

"Yes," Sofia says.

There is a neigh that isn't coming from Midnight.

"That looks like Hildegard's carriage," Amber says.

"We better take Midnight out of sight," Clio says as she gets off of Midnight.

"I will take her around the corner and send her back to the Mystic Isles," Sofia says taking Midnight's reins.

"Okay, thanks," Clio says as she waits by Amber.

"Come along Midnight," Sofia says taking the unicorn to the side of the castle.

"Hildy can't find out about Midnight, just like Sofia's amulet and your Enchantlet they should be used responsibly," Amber says just before Hildegard lands.

"I know," Clio says as the coachman opens Hildegard's carriage.

"Happy birthday Clio!" Hildegard says as she rushes over to her friend.

"Thanks, Hildy," Clio says as she accepts the embrace out of politeness.

"Hi, Hildy," Amber says.

"Hi, where is Sofia?"

"Right here," Sofia says coming from the side of the castle.

"How are you Sofia?" Hildegard asks as the four of them walk into the castle.

"I'm doing great, I love a party," Sofia smiles.

"Well more guests should be arriving soon, is there anything we can do to help?" Amber asks.

"Just help me greet them," Clio says.