Strained Friendship

"So did you really destroy the amulets?" Sofia asks.

"I'm sorry Sofia, but I had to," Clio says.

"Clio! Without those amulets we lose all our powers," Sofia says.

"Trust me Sofia, if there was another way then I wouldn't have done it," Clio says.

"Let's just get back to our kingdoms," Sofia says.

It's quiet until they part ways.

"Are you okay Princess?" Midnight asks.

"I'm afraid that I may have lost my greatest friend," Clio says.

"Don't worry Clio, with everything my brother has told me about Sofia she won't give up on a friendship," Midnight tries to reassure her rider.

*****

"Sofia, so glad you're safe," Amber says as Sofia lands.

"I told you I would be," Sofia says saddened.

"Where's your amulet?" Amber asks.

"Clio asked Burny to destroy it, I don't think I can trust her and I chose the wrong person to be a protector," Sofia says as they go into her room.

"Sofia, I love you so I'm going to be honest."

"Okay," Sofia says picking up Clover who just hopped over to her.

"You are too focused on your amulet, Clio did the same thing that you did when fighting Vor," Amber says.

"What, I didn't destroy my amulet to defeat Vor."

"No but you sacrificed it being damaged even with how special it was."

"Sofia, your Enchantlet is glowing," Amber says.

"Belle, how are you here? I don’t have my amulet anymore," Sofia asks as the French princess stands before them.

"What's wrong Sofia?" Belle doesn't answer the question but asks her own.

"My friend sacrificed our necklaces without telling me," Sofia says.

"The amulet was very special to her, our dad gave it to her as a welcome gift when we became a family," Amber explains.

"Sometimes we sacrifice the most important things because something good will come from it, I once sacrificed my freedom for the freedom of my father," Belle says.

"Why?"

"Because it was the right thing to do, to sacrifice your own happiness for someone else is the noblest thing we can do," Belle says.

"I understand, thank you Belle," Sofia says before the princess disappears.