XXV

"Hello?" Louis answered the phone without looking at the caller ID. It was a very busy day. Louis was trying his best to wrap up everything he needed to do on location with Harry's due date fast approaching.

"Hey Lou, it's me, Harry."

"Oh, hi babe, what's up?"

"Are you busy?" he asked.

"Yeah, a little, tell me."

"Oh um, it's just that... well –

There's some scuffling and a drawn out pouty hey from Harry. "Louis. Hospital. Now." Zayn practically snaps into the phone.

"Hospital?" Louis asked. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah your lovely fiancé is dawdling on telling you his fucking water broke and he's going into labour. Niall's driving us there." Zayn informed.

"Holy fuck. Okay, Okay I'm on my way!" Louis gasped, hanging up and rushing to Liam's office.

"Louis, you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." Liam said worriedly when Louis appeared in his door.

"Oh, um, am I- well, Harry's gone into labour and I think I'm going to pass out so I'm decidedly not okay, Liam!" Louis snapped.

"What?! Oh okay, let's go then." Liam grabbed his phone and car keys, telling his secretary that They were leaving for the day. "Okay Lou, just breathe. We're only 10 minutes from the hospital, it's fine. Who's there with Harry?"

"Niall and Zayn. They're on their way right now," Louis said, trying his hardest to calm down. He fumbled with the seatbelt, missing a few times before finally getting it to click. They manage to get there before Harry so by the time the other car arrives, Louis is waiting outside with an attendant and a nurse.

"How far apart are the contractions?" the attendant asked Zayn as they helped Harry into the wheelchair. Zayn and Niall looked at each other blankly.

"9 min— Harry lets out a groan. "8 minutes." He whimpers out as Louis crouches by his side.

"I'm here, love, it's okay, take my hand," he said, biting back a scream when Harry practically crushed the life out of it. The attendant gets them situated in a room to wait and helps Harry lie down on the bed. "Mr Tomlinson, call for me when they're five minutes apart."

Louis just nodded and stood beside Harry. "Hi, baby." He said softly, pushing Harry's sweaty hair out of his face.

"Hey Lou." He smiled weakly. "I'm sorry for pulling you out of work like this," he mumbled, pressing his face into Louis' chest.

"Haz, don't be ridiculous, you're in labour! How long have you been having the contractions for?" he asked softly

"I don't know. One, maybe two hours?" he shrugged.

"Two ho- Harry why didn't you call me sooner?" his eyebrows creased together.

"Lou, I had spoken to Sara earlier. She told me that there's no point leaving the house till they're at least 8 minutes apart. So I called Niall when I was 12 minutes apart. And see, we're still in the waiting room." He smiled.

Louis smiled back weakly. "i nearly shit myself H." He laughed weakly.

"It's okay to be scared, Lou."

"Hey! You're not allowed to comfort me. You're the pregnant one." Louis protested.

Harry chuckled. "Seriously though. It's okay if you're freaked out."

Louis kissed his forehead. "Not freaked out. Just nervous. And so, so excited to meet my babygirl." He said softly.

Harry smiled fondly. "Lou you don't have to be there for the delivery procedure, I hear it can get pretty gnarly." Harry caressed Louis' face.