XIV

It had been two months and Louis can't take this anymore. He can't do friends who casually fuck whenever. He hates it. He thought it would be great. But it's really not. As much as it seems like a sweet deal to have Harry and not ruin their relationship, this was killing him. He got to see Harry at his most vulnerable. He got to see him begging for more, lips quivering as he did but it wasn't enough. It was never enough. Louis wanted it all. He wanted the chaste kisses whenever they saw each other and he wanted the cuddles that would come after they tired themselves out. He didn't want just sex and it was time he let Harry know.

Of course as luck would have it, Harry starts picking extra shifts at the bakery and before he knows it, it's been over two weeks since they even saw each other and Louis is beginning to suspect something. Maybe... Maybe Harry doesn't want him anymore. Or worse. What if the condom broke the last time they had sex and Harry's pregnant? What if he's scared that Louis doesn't want the kid?

And now Louis starts psyching himself up. Finally they get one meal together. Dinner a week later. "It's okay Harry." Louis says quietly and Harry just raises an eyebrow. "You don't have to worry. I want the kid."

"Kid?" Harry's head snaps up. "What kid?" He glares at Louis.

"Your kid. Our kid. I know you're pregnant Harry, it's okay. We'll figure it out." Louis reaches for the boy's hand but Harry pulls away.

"What the fuck do you mean you know I'm pregnant. Are you insane?"

"I'm sorry, I know it's hard. Especially after your baby girl but it doesn't have to be that way now Harry. I know the condom breaking was an accident but I want this. You don't have to be scared." And what the hell was Louis even talking about? What was going on? Had he gone insane?

"Louis there's no fucking baby. I didn't even know the condom broke!!!"

"It didn't?" Louis asks. He had spent the last week psyching himself up so much and he was so hell bent on making Harry believe he wanted the child that he didn't even stop to consider the possibility of there not being a child in the first place. "So you're not pregnant? You've not been avoiding me?"

Harry looks at him like he's gone crazy. He gets up from the table. "No Louis there's no fucking child and no broken fucking condom. What made you think that in the first place?"

Louis fish mouths. "I- I don't- you seemed okay but then suddenly you were picking extra shifts and I hadn't seen you in two weeks and I just-"

"You just thought I was a coward who ran away from problems. You assumed that just because I wasn't begging for your cock I must be scared and pregnant." Harry says quietly and Louis vigorously shakes his head but Harry isn't having any of it. "No. Not a fucking word from you Louis. You've said enough." Harry murmurs turning around and going to his room, slamming the door behind him. And just like that Louis doesn't see Harry for another week or so.

***

"Can you believe the nerve of him?" Harry snaps pacing about in Niall's room. "He has the guts to tell me he wants the non-existent fucking baby!!! How dare he even mention a kid in front of me? It's been less than a year since I lost her!!!"

"Harry that's probably exactly why he mentioned it in the first place. He probably thought you were scared because of what happened last time. Besides look at the nerve of you. You think you can just barge in without any explanation and tell me that Louis wants your kid? What the actual fuck is happening?"

Harry takes a deep breath. "Okay. So about two months ago, when all of us were off getting pissed, I don't even remember what came over me. I just remember telling Louis I wanted him so bad. Didn't he tell you? He said he wanted to tell you guys before we left?"