IV

"Hello? Mum?"

"Harry? Oh my god. How's my baby? You never call anymore."

"I'm sorry mum. It's been a rough couple of months." He sighs and smiles at an old lady sitting on the bench. He continues walking on the park path.

"Is- is everything okay?"

"Well, today was the worst. Me and Mychal had been fighting a lot recently. And I kinda broke up with him today."

"I'm so sorry, love. How are you feeling?"

"I'm scared but otherwise I think I'm better off."

"What are you scared of?"

"I'm gonna come meet you tomorrow okay? I'll probably come with Louis."

"Don't deflect, Harry," Anne scolds sternly. "What are you scared of?"

"I'll tell you then ma, I'm not deflecting. Kinda hard to give such big news over the phone."

"Well I suppose I'll see you at lunch tomorrow, then?"

"Yes I'd quite like that. See you ma. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too, dear. Tell Louis I miss him." Harry smiles softly and hangs up. Deciding to check up on the old bakery he used to work at before, he sets off into a jog.

"Barbara, hi. How are you?"

"Harry? Oh my god, love, is that you? Come give this old lady a hug." She laughs jovially.

Harry laughs and hugs her lovingly, placing a kiss on her cheek. "Old? You don't look a day over 25."

"How are you here, sweet boy?"

"Just missed you."

"Oh you sweet, sweet boy. You were always my favorite. Much better than my good for nothing grandson." Harry laughs softly.

"Actually if you don't mind, I'd really like to join again."

"Of course, I told you, the very day you resigned. Whenever you want, you can rejoin. How's that boyfriend of yours?" She asks with distaste, beckoning him to follow her to the back.

"We, err, actually broke up today."

"And good riddance too, love. He was a bad influence. Insecure, and so possessive a young man. Charming, but he didn't treat you right."

"I guess." Harry shrugs hesitantly.

"How's Louis? He came in last week, you know? He's such a lovely person. It was really crowded. Some kind of big tourist group, so he just got behind the counter and started helping without a word. I never even got to thank him. He looked really upset though."

"What!? Why?"

"I don't know, he looked like he'd been crying. His eyes and nose were red and he was sniffling."

"Oh my God. Did he say something?"

"No. He was gone before I could ask him about it."

"Oh. I'll talk to him about it. So, can I join from tomorrow?"

"Of course love, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thank you Barbara, you're amazing." Harry kisses her cheek and makes his way out.

When Harry reached home, Louis was nowhere to be seen. Harry pouts and texts him.

Where are you?

He switches on the TV and plops down on the couch. Putting on the new season of The Flash, he settles comfortably.

At work. You're home?