IX

"I'll be home late today, okay? I have a conference with this client from America." Louis tells Harry just as he's leaving.

"Alright, just don't forget your key." Harry reminds him.

"Of course. Call me when you get off work?"

"Yeah okay. I will. Bye."

"Bye." Louis hangs up and let's himself out, grabbing his keys just before the door shuts. Quickly calling Liam, he gets into his car. "Liam, I'm on my way to the coffee house, need something?"

"You gotta be in a good mood, when do you ever offer to bring me something from any coffee house?"

"Tell me before I change my mind." He warns.

"Yeah okay, I'll have a scone and-"

"Alright a scone for you." He interrupts starting the car.

"Oh come on, get me a coffee as well, please."

"Since you said please." Liam laughs and Louis begins to drive.

"How's Harry?" He asks pointedly.

"No Liam I'm not happy because of Harry I'm just in a good mood and I suggest you do not piss me off because there is a six hour conference in three hours and you will get the brunt of my anger."

"Just looking out for you mate!" He says defensively.

"I'm not a baby Liam. I'm going to hang up now before I get mad and spit in your coffee."

"Classy." Liam snorts but is met with the telltale beeping sound. "That fucker hung up on me." He yells outraged.

"Everything okay, Mr Payne?" His secretary peeks in.

"Yeah everything's fine Celia, thank you." He smiles sweetly at her.

While waiting in line, Louis makes a quick call to his mother. "Hi baby, how are you?"

"Hi mum, I'm good, I miss you all so much. How are you and the little ones?"

"They've been restless lately," she smiles, caressing her bump. "Which reminds me, when are you coming, they're due sometime next week?"

"Oh my god, really? I'll book my flight today itself, I'll be there within this week." He says excitedly, ignoring the looks the people on either side of him give him.

"I'm looking forward, love, I- I gotta go. Daisy you come off the balcony railing right now-" Louis laughs finally putting his phone away.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

"Harry!! Come out here and give us a hand with service." One of the girls yells.

"I'm coming." He yells. "Mark can you please finishing icing these cupcakes? I gotta go."

"No man, I gotta get these cake orders out in the next half hour in fact I need you here!!!"

"Alright, alright, just give me two minutes yeah?"

Now being nearly 13 weeks pregnant, Harry was finally starting to show a little. He could cover it up with baggy jumpers for now but soon he'd have to quit because it's really not recommended for him to be working under such stressful situations. Today was going to be a long, long day and he had to stay till closing.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

"Alright Jamal I'm gonna need you to book me the first flight to JFK and arrange a pickup to downtown Manhattan. Just finish that up, then you can take your lunch. Also for the next 6 hours I'm unavailable to take any and all calls." Louis informs his assistant, typing away at his laptop.