X

"Good morning, mum." Louis sleepily kissed Jay's cheek.

"Good morning, love." She smiles pulling his face against hers.

"What are the plans for today?"

"Well me and Dan are going to the hospital for a checkup and the girls will be going to school."

"And me?"

"Lou, you're old enough to do whatever you please."

"Hmm, then I think I should get some work done, wonder how Liam's holding down the fort on his own right now."

"My lovely boy, always working so hard."

"I have to, ma." Louis rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna go get dressed yeah?" He goes to the guestroom and takes a shower.

"Lou, we're leaving." Jay calls out as he steps out of the shower.

"All the best, mum." He yells back. Humming happily he changes into a pair of trackies and a loose shirt. Grabbing his phone from the shower he calls Liam.

"Hi Lou, how are you doing?"

"Perfect. How's work?"

"I'm doing well Louis thanks." He sasses pointedly.

"Yeah yeah whatever. How's work?" He rolls his eyes.

"Lots to do. So much to do."

"Anything I can help with?"

"Yeah actually. We need to send out the reminders."

"Sure okay. And what about that video conference with that Indian firm"

"Nothing confirmed yet. We should be hearing from them soon though. How's Jay?"

"Still very pregnant."

"When are you coming back?"

"Why Lima, do you miss me?"

"Nah, just waiting to pile the work on you."

"Absolutely no idea. Whenever the twins are born, I guess."

"Sometime this week? Later?"

"Really don't know Payno. She's due this week but..."

"Harry's going bat shit crazy. You've already been gone for 4 days."

"Fuck! I should call him. And there's s call waiting, just a sec." It turns out to be Jay. "Hi mum, everything okay?"

"They're keeping me."

"What do you mean, keeping you?"

"Well they say my uterus is too thin for them to let me come home, I could go into labor any minute."

"Holy shit, hold on a sec mum." He puts her on hold and switches to Liam. "Li, mum's gonna go into labor any time, I'll have to call you back." Without waiting for a response, he hangs up.

"Yeah mum I'm back."

"Alright, here's what I need you to do. When I go into labor, you need to drop Daisy and Phoebe at the neighbours. Dan has spoken to them. And then you can take the subway here with Lottie and Fiz."

"Ma, I love you but really, is this the time for a sandwich?" Louis snaps.

"The tube Louis, the tube!! Lottie knows which station to get off at. Stay there for now, explain the situation to them and then come here."

"Alright, you be careful, okay? I love you." He hangs up. He pulls out a duffel bag and stuffs a pair of pajamas and a fresh change in it. After contemplating whether or not to pack the girls' stuff but decides to leave it to them. A ping distracts him.