XXII

Louis had easily settled into the routine of coming home to his gorgeously pregnant boyfriend. Harry was now 5 months along and very obviously pregnant. Louis could not get enough of it.

That day Louis came home to Shania Twain coming from the speakers and Harry's beautiful voice singing along. Louis felt the tension melt from his bones. He sets down his laptop bag and goes into the kitchen. It's obvious Harry hasn't heard him come in because he's busy cooking and singing. Louis wraps his arms around Harry hands resting atop his belly. "Honey, I'm home." He breathes gently. Harry melts into his touch resting one hand over Louis' and tilting his head for a kiss. Louis happily obliges, rubbing Harry's tummy. "How are my babies?" he asks. "How was work?"

"Work was good. A little busy. Our little one is moving a lot today." he says fondly and Louis hums in response. The first time Harry had felt the baby move he had become so excited only to come crashing to earth when Louis couldn't feel it. Harry wanted to share this special feeling with his boyfriend so much it was practically killing him.

"Date night?" Louis asks softly gesturing to the speakers and breathing in the aroma of whatever Harry was cooking.

Harry chuckles. "No, just, the song came on shuffle today and it's been on my mind all day." Louis hums in understanding, singing along softly in Harry's ear.

"You're still the one I run to,

The one that I belong to,

You're still the one I want for life.

You're still the one that I love,

The only one that I dream of,

You're still the one I kiss goodnight."

Harry smiles fondly, switching off the stove and turning around to wrap his arms around Louis' neck. He happily sways to the music. Louis chuckles and holds Harry. "Starting to feel more and more like date night, love." He murmurs.

"Just as well." Harry responds. "We haven't been out in forever, Lou." He says softly. Louis pecks his cheek apologetically. Harry tuts. "No Lou, it's not your fault work is hectic for the both of us." he says as Louis links his right hand with Harry's left, proper dancing with the boy now.

"I know babe, but I still feel guilty." he sighs, his fingers dancing over Harry's bump.

"Don't, you treat us so well." Harry assures Louis as they sway slowly. Louis nods not pushing the subject further, twirling Harry playfully. Harry chuckles slightly. "Come on, now, eat before the food goes cold." he says and Louis nods. He kisses Harry one last time before starting to lay the table.

"Drink?" he asks Harry who just laughs and rubs his baby bump. "Right, oops I forgot." Louis laughs, instantly putting the bottle of whiskey away. He told himself that if Harry couldn't drink, then he wouldn't either. They both sit down as Harry rants about his day at the bakery, telling Louis about all sorts of odd customers. Louis in turn tells Harry about what has been going on with Jay. "She says she wants to be here when the baby is born." he says.

"Yeah? That's great. I'd love for her to be here." Harry says enthusiastically. They eventually retire to the bedroom. Louis takes a quick shower and comes out to find Harry on the phone with Anne. Smiling, Louis crawls into bed and kisses Harry's shoulder murmuring a 'hi' into the supple skin.

"We should start packing, Lou." Harry says softly once he hangs up with Anne, rubbing his baby bump and Louis hums in agreement. "We have to leave soon." He adds. Louis hums tiredly. "Lou.." Harry whines irritably, elbowing him in the stomach, practically knocking the wind out of him.