XII

"Haz, you okay in there? You've been “weeing” for about an hour there." Louis does air quotes.

"I'm fine, just let me be for a bit."

"Alright, I'm just gonna wait it out here okay?" Louis slowly slides down the wall, and sits on the floor.

"Lou I'm fine you can go to work." Harry groans on the other side, his voice thick.

"But I like spending time with you. If you come out now, I promise I'll start going in to work starting Monday." Louis pretends to not notice.

The water starts running and Louis smiles to himself. Within two minutes Harry comes out and glares at Louis on the floor. He makes a cute face and lies down on the floor dramatically. "Don't glare at me, you'd been gone an hour."

"I have a delicate stomach okay? The salad at the hospital didn't agree with me."

"H, you can't use that excuse every time you disappear. At least not a week after you've come back. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have put on Baby's Day Out I don't know what was I thinking."

"It's alright, Lou, I'm the one who needs to stop being a baby about this whole situation." Harry looks at the ceiling, blinking back tears

"You need a hug?" Louis sits up, legs crisscrossed, tugging on Harry's sweats. Harry nods. "Come here then." He raises his arms, holding them open for him. Harry drops to his knees and crawls over to Louis who promptly pulls his still weak body into his lap, the backs over his knees over Louis' left thigh, feet on the floor beside. Louis wraps his right arm around his shoulder, pulling him in so he can nuzzle his head into his neck, which he immediately does, wrapping his arms around his waist. Louis squeezes him murmuring comforting words in his ear.

Louis feels tears seeping through his shirt and Harry's body shaking but instead of saying anything he wraps himself tighter around him and slowly rocks him. Even when his soft shaky tears turn into full blown sobs Louis quietly holds him, not making any attempt to stop the tears. And that's how Harry falls asleep. In Louis' arms, hidden away in the warm crook of his neck, left arm around his waist and the right one over his shoulder.

***

When Louis wakes up, he feels completely numb and disoriented. His legs have fallen asleep with Harry's dead weight on them. He nudges Harry with his shoulder. "You need to wake up, H."

Harry groans and curls into Louis' lap. "Five more minutes."

"Babe my legs are killing me, please." Harry groans again and slowly unwraps himself from Louis.

"Sorry." He mumbles, sliding onto the floor gracelessly.

"That's okay." Louis rubs his legs trying to get some feeling in them. "There was something I wanted to talk to you about, though."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why don't you freshen up and we'll talk yeah? I'm going to wash up as well and if you're out before me, just put the kettle on." Harry agrees and Louis hauls himself up with the help of the doorknob. Harry goes back into the bathroom and Louis leaves for his room and turns on the shower setting it at just perfectly scalding.

He hums to himself while washing up, thinking how to approach Harry about the topic at hand and making a to do list for after. Once he has a few things to do, he shuts off the tap and cautiously steps out. He towels off his body and with his towel around his shoulders, drying his hair with the slightly damp towel, he steps into his room naked. He sprawls on the bed, too lazy to get dressed. Finally after a few minutes he pulls on a pair of boxers and sweats and heads back to the living room, towel still slung over his bare shoulders.