VII

The first time it happened was probably the first morning of week 9. For once Louis had woken up before his alarm. He'd lain there quietly with Harry snuggled up in his arms. "Morning." Harry had mumbled with a sleepy smile, stretching contently, nosing at Louis' shoulder.

"Morning." He smiled back, the sunlight doing miracles for Harry's already glowing skin. He turned on his elbow to face him. "Sleep well?"

"Perfect. Had an amazing dream." Harry went on to describe the dream while Louis gently rubbed his thumb over the soft skin of his hips. All Louis really saw was his soft smile, his bed hair and his pink, slightly wet lips. Before he knew what he was doing, he was leaning in, his hand on Harry's waist, a gentle pressure, not letting him move away. Harry's happy chatter slowly trailed off as he realised their ever decreasing distance. Louis had been inches away from his dream when the alarm began blaring loudly. Louis immediately jerked away and shut off the alarm, the spell broken.

After an awkward silence, Louis got out of bed and all but ran to the shower.

After near silence for two days, Harry broke the ice when he came back to Louis' room.

"Had a bad dream. Can I sleep here?" He murmurs. softly, walking in.

"Harry?" Louis mumbles sleepily. Harry repeats himself and after getting the green light from Louis, tucks himself back where he started to feel like he belonged, in Louis' arms.

The next time it happened, Harry was eating ice cream.

"H, you know you're not supposed to eat too much junk." Louis admonishes.

"Gimme a break okay, my baby wants some ice cream." Harry mumbles, pulling the tub close to himself protectively.

"Harry, come on, give me that." Louis says commandingly.

"No!"

"Harry, don't force me to snatch it."

"Be my guest." He sticks his tongue out. Louis angrily walks to him and Harry let's out an almost squeal like yell. Louis crowds him into the corner so he can't move.

"Here's what you're gonna do Harry. You're gonna close the ice cream tub, put it back in the freezer and put your spoon in the sink." Louis nearly growls. "Do you hear me?" He presses closer to him.

Harry pouts and places the spoon on the counter. "But-" he places a hand on his chest.

"Shhhh, no buts." He commands.

"I'm hungry." Harry mumbles.

"Let's make you a salad instead."

"But I want chocolate." He whines tugging on Louis' shirt.

"Honestly H, look at yourself, your mouth is covered with chocolate." Louis swipes his thumb across his bottom lip making Harry's breath hitch.

"Lou..." He whimpers weakly.

"Shh," Louis places a finger on his lips. Harry's arms go around Louis neck and he lets out a contented sigh. Louis removes his finger and cautiously wraps his arms around his waist looking for any signs of discomfort. Finding none, he leans in. With his lips centimetres away from Harry's, his phone rings. Louis closes his eyes in frustration as Harry immediately pulls his arms away. With a tight smile, he steps out of his personal space and pulls out his phone, stepping away to take the work call.

Things go downhill from there. Harry moves back into his room and refuses to come to Louis. The other day Louis found him cuddling with Liam and later, on talking to Liam, he finds out that Harry's been feeling extra clingy but just can't ask him for a cuddle because it's too awkward. Not knowing what to do, Louis fully immerses himself in work. He takes up the responsibility of bagging new clients, goes to meetings that don't require him, rechecks accounts that have already been audited, all just to avoid time at home.