030|

Ji

"No Lucas don't come, I'll be back in the office soon." I mutter, staring at the screen.

"And why can't I visit? And I'll make sure you don't come in until you're cleared by the doctors." He asks, annoyance laced in his voice.  My eyes narrow at the number,

"Why is there a withdrawal of 2 million?" I ask, his breath hitches.

"D-Director Dixion has been t-taking money, w-we're trying to find h-him now." He stutters, I pull off the blanket and move to let my legs hang off the bed.

"Why?" I demand, placing one foot in the floor.

"W-We don't know, he was already getting paid above wage." He composes himself, I stand up and take a step.

"Ah!" I grit,

"YJ! Are you ok!?" Lucas questions, I hear foot steps. The door burst opens and Alec hurries to my side,

"Are you ok?" He asks, sitting me down on the bed.

"Yeah...yeah I'm ok." I answer, taking a deep breath. I bring the phone back up to my ear,

"I'll call you back later." I say, hanging up and placing the phone down. Alec pulls off the sock slightly,

"Ok ok, it's not swelling or discolored, it should be fine." He mumbles to himself, I grab his shoulder.

"Hey its ok, I'm ok." I say, he looks up at me.

"I just stood up to fast." I explain, he nods and stand ups.  I go to stand up but he pushes me down,

"If I didn't love you so much I'd kill you." I grumble, he pushes my chin up to look at him.

"What was that?" He asks, brow arched.

"Nothin." He looks at me with narrowed eyes,

"The steaks are going to burn." I add, his eyes widen and he runs out. I exhale and grab my phone, standing up. Walking out of the room and down the hall down to Alec's office, also the only room with books. The door creaks opens and I walk in, closing the door softly. I walk over to the desk and turn on the light, it replace the darkness with a muted colors of black and white. Compared to my office his presented a more modern and futuristic aura, simple to the eye.  Walking up to the plain white bookshelf and sliding out a navy blue covered book.

Plague of Corruption

I flip open the cover and study the words, my finger touching the smooth paper. Feeling the barely noticeable indent of the ink. I slowly sit down in the office chair, my eyes glue to the words. The page turning quiet and fast, words running in the mind, taking me to another universe.

"Ji!" Alec muffle voice yells from in the hallway,

"Babes!" He repeats, his voice getting louder. Too entranced in the book I don't answer,

"Darling!" The door creaks when he opens the door and then the silence returns. I bite my lip, focused on the text.

"Baby?" He whispers into my ear softly, I hum in response.

"When did you come in here? And dinner is ready." He continues, kissing my lips. I set down the book and look up to him,

"I didn't mean to intrude," I apologize, he smiles.

"Baby, what is mine is yours. You weren't intruding." He claims, I smile at him softly.

"Let go eat dinner!" He says, excitingly pulls me up slowly.

"Ok." I respond, we start to walk out when my phone dings. I look down to it,

Corey
CMESSAGE 21:01
Jake and Lance are at the police station, I'm on the way there now

Alec parks the car and hurries to my side, we walk into the police station and see everyone visually busy themselves.

"Corey please tell me you didn't tell Jay." I hear Jake's pleading voice, my hand twitches in annoyance. I walk over to the two teenagers, Alec walking off to talk to one of the officers.

"Jake you know I had to tell her or the outcomes will be worse."

"Bloody hell it will be." I utter, they snap their heads in my direction. I can see the color drain from Lance and Jake's face,

"J-Jay it's just a misunderstanding." Lance stutters,

"Really? Because accordin' to the report you two were found in a house that has the possession of drugs and alcohol." I retort, my eyes narrowing.

"We swear we didn't take any!" Jake exclaims, at the corner of my eye I see Corey starting to step away.

"You." I snap my fingers and he steps forwards,

"Did you know about this?" I fume, he gulps slowly and nods.

"진심 이세요? 당신은 피의 바보입니까?" I say,

"W-Well we already knew you were going to say no so w-we thought we'd just go." Jake explains, I clench my jaw, about to burst.

"Breath baby, breath." Alec whispers, wrapping his arms around my waist.  His voice soothes the anger, I look to Lance and he looks down quickly.

"Lance aren't you suppose to be with your brother tonight?" I ask, he looks up slowly.

"Y-Yeah but he found about the party and wouldn't stop crying until I agreed to go." Lance explains,

"I better not find a bloody drug in your system or I'm takin' you out of the ring, permanently." I say, his eyes widen.

"Then they're in luck, both of them are sober." Alec announces, I see them take a breath of relief.

"You're not off the hook," I mention, they stiffen.

"You are goin' to clean the ring, twice a week, under Van and Elias's supervision." I say, they brighten slightly at the nonviolent punishment.

"Includin' Corey." I add, Alec chuckles at the face Corey makes.

"What did I do?" Corey whines, I send him a look.

"You were told they were goin' and didn't tell me nor stopped them." Corey whines and groans,

"Fine."  He grumbles, a officer coming and taking the two in the back to get there things.  Corey follows.

I exhale and feel my legs give out from under me, Alec tightens his grip, not allowing me to fall.

"Thank you." I whisper, holding his forearms and regaining my footing.

"If we fall, we fall together."