Chapter 46: Holy Shit?

A Night in Hell (CAUTION SEXUAL CONTENT)

Chapter 46: Holy Shit?

Lani’s POV:

A week later-The day before Zak’s wedding

                       I walked up to Zak’s new house and held up my fist to knock. I hesitated before knocking on the door, “Come walk with me, Zak” I said when he answered the door, “Babe, I’ll be right back, I’m going to go talk to the neighbor dude for a minute” Zak yelled into the other room. He walked out and shut the door, “Lying to the fiancée? That’s not a good idea” I laughed, but Zak didn’t seem to find it very funny. I cleared my throat and we walked onto the sidewalk, “Look, I’m sorry Zak. I’m sorry for kicking you out like that a while back” I said and he shook his head, “Don’t be, the past is gone” He said and I groaned, “No, Zak. It’s not fine. I was mad you said what you did so I lashed out and it was wrong” I said and he went silent, “So how’s Eddy? Married yet?” He asked and I snorted, “Yeah right. He was a jerk. I broke up with him a while ago” I said and he nodded, pursing his lips in thought.

               “What times the wedding?” I asked and he sighed, “About 5” He answered, “I'd come if I didn't already have plans. You know, if it were okay with you in the first place” I lied. I really just didn't want to go “Yeah, I would have invited you but it's kind of a family only type of thing” He said looking at me then at the street, “How's Christina?” I asked, “Great” He said and I nodded, “Good...Do you love her?” I asked and he immediately turned to me. He stared at me for a second then chuckled, “I don't know, Lani” He said and we crossed the street, “But do you like, never stop thinking about her?” I asked and he put his hands in his coat pocket, “I'm going to be honest with you. I don't love her” He said and I stopped, “What? Why are you marrying her then-” “It's complicated” He interrupted starting to walk again.

                  “It's cold, Lani, I should get going...” Zak said as we approached his house after walking around the block. We stood by my car and stared at each other for a moment, “Good luck tomorrow” I whispered and he sighed. He looked at me, then the street. He shook his head then suddenly kissed me, putting his hands on my neck. I shut my eyes and held him tight. He pushed me against the car and kissed up my neck. I opened the back car door and we fell inside. He shut it and kissed me hard on the lips. I tore his shirt of his back and unbuckled his pants. He kissed my neck as he slid my shirt off. He kissed my chest and pulled my pants off. I held his back and kissed his ear. He slowly moved against me and we both gasped. My toes crinkled and my head hit the door, “Shit, you okay?” He whispered and I laughed. I sat up with my back against the door and he sat in front of me. He put his face between my neck and shoulder and my head flew back as he moved faster. I whined and he kissed my cheek, “What's wrong?” I whispered as he stopped and looked away. He covered his mouth with his hand and groaned, “I'm sorry...I shouldn't have done that” He whispered quickly putting his shirt and pants back on, “Zak...” I started but he quickly ran out of the car and up to the house.

* * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * **

The Next day—12PM

                     I sat on my chair watching the fireplace with a awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. I. Am. A. Whore. And for some reason I had an urge to look through my old drawers. I stood up and ran up the stairs to my bedroom. I opened my bottom junk drawer and squinted my eyes in confusion, “What the hell?” I whispered holding up a pair of gray boxers. I flung it away and dug through everything. I held up a Santa Claus hat and thought for a moment, “Why don't I remember getting this...” I whispered setting it down in my lap, “What's this...?” I whispered to myself holding a picture. I looked closer and my eyes widened. It was a picture of Zak and I kissing at the grill. Suddenly memories flew through my head. With a slight ringing in my ear, everything all rushed back to me at once. My mouth dropped open, I remembered everything, “Oh my god” I whispered falling on my butt and staring at the picture, holding my hand to my mouth. My hands shook and I couldn't see straight. I took a deep breath and attempted a smile, we were so happy. Suddenly something hit me, “Shit” I muttered grabbing a coat and sprinting out of the house.