Chapter 3: What a bad day...

A Night in Hell (CAUTION SEXUAL CONTENT)

Chapter 3: Research

.

.

.

.

                          "Zak" I gasped moving towards him quickly and dropping by his side, “How are you? You okay, Hun?" He looked at me and instantly sat up with his eyes wide open, "Man, Lani I'm sorry about all this. Are you okay? What happened to you? God, I'm such a fucking idiot" He touched all over my face making sure I wasn't cut. I patted down his hand and smiled, "I'm fine, you shouldn't worry none. How banged up are you"

He grunted as he attempted sitting straight up, “I’m really not that bad. Damn nurses, won't let me leave." The nurse came up to his machines and checked his forehead, "Sir, you have a slight concussion. You can stay here for another hour then you can do whatever you want. But just for the moment, you're stuck here." He pouted at the nurse and she whined, "Oh, you poor poor baby. You're honestly preaching to the wrong choir, baby boy. I'm trapped here for another 8 hours. So hush it." She patted on his shoulder then left.

When the door shut behind her Aaron whistled, "Dude, think I'd have a chance with that?" Nick snorted, “You just want a piece of that southern ass." They both laughed and sat on the couch with me next to Zak's bed. Zak stared at the ceiling for a few minutes then sighed, “You alright, man?" Nick said patting on Zak's leg. He nodded then turned towards us and sat up, “I could have killed you all, you should all hate me-" "But you didn't" I interrupted, "You saved my life. The nurse even told me so, I owe you a lot. If anyone should HATE anyone it's me. I'm the one that stuck the pen in your buckle!" Zak stared at me looking furious, “I was driving. I was responsible. I was the moron that decided to fuck around and get us all hurt. I'm sorry, guys." We all hugged him and talked some more.

Before we knew it, the hour was up, "Alright, Mr. Bagans, you're free to go." "YES!" He screamed jumping up and hugging the nurse. She giggled as we all ran out of the room. We all held hands running out of the building and onto the sidewalk, "Wow, we're so cool." Aaron said panting. We all stared around looking for the van then thought of something, "Shit. The vans totaled. Great. Okay then, let’s get a fucking taxi" Zak said motioning for the road.

"TAXI!" Zak yelled waving his arms in the air. After 10 minutes, we pretty much gave up, "Hey, I could just call a friend of mine. I'm sure he'd pick us up" "He?" Zak said with wide, horrified eyes, “Yeah. My cousin, Jeff." He sighed in relief and nodded, "Cousin, gotcha." I rolled my eyes at his comical sarcasm and flipped open my phone.

"Hey, Jeff? Yeah, hi! I'm good, how about you? Good! Hey, can you do me a huge favor? ..... I just need you to pick me and some friends up in front of the hospital.....Yes, I said the hospital......No I'm fine, just a small accident. Problem is, his car's trashed I guess....I'm fine, Jeff...Seriously...They're all fine too...Yeah...Okay thanks....you too...bye" They all stared at me waiting for answers with their arms crossed, "Five min-" "OH THANK GOD" Zak said lifting me up in the air and spinning me. I laughed and hit his arm playfully, "Let me down, Zak! Stop, I'm wearing a skirt, sheesh." His face got red and he smiled letting me down softly.

"Jeff!" I squealed as his white pickup pulled over. He jumped out of his car and did a pig call, screech thing like he does when he's excited, "Hooo-weee! Well what do we got here? I'll be darned." He walked up to me in the usual, a cowboy hat, white shirt tucked into his torn up jeans and a huge belt buckle. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed lifting me off my feet, "How’s my little baby cousin doing this evenin'?" I laughed but before I could answer he had noticed the people behind me, "Are these your friends you were talkin' to me about?" He whispered in my ear staring at them.

Zak waved nervously and Jeff waved back. I nodded and he threw his arms up, " Well, yessssum, I'll be darned. I'd know you three from anywhere. Yawl’s from Ghost Adventures, right?" Zak nodded, looking a bit frightened and Jeff wrapped his arms tight around him making Zak gasp lightly, “What’cha say we get this here show on the road!" We all got into the trunk of his pickup and sat in the corners, "Now, where we headed?" Jeff said poking his head through the sun roof, "Uh, do you know where the nearest car repair shop is? They probably sent my van off somewhere." Jeff thought about it for a second then showed off a cheesy smile, "I reckon it be just over the hill and through the woods, my good buddy!" Jeff laughed and started the car and drove off, well over the speed limit.

“Well...He's nice-" "Shut up" "Yes ma'am" Zak and I argued, "He's the craziest bastard I've ever met. He gets it from his father, I tell you what." I whispered scooting next to Zak. With one leg bent and the other extended, he looked down with an adorable smile and played with his ring, "It's beautiful, can I see it?" I said staring at the ring. He shrugged and placed it in my hand, holding on for a second, and then slowly slipping away. I placed it in my palm and eyed the detailing. It was huge and silver with a skull engraved on it, "I love it." He smiled as I handed him the ring without making eye contact.

"Here yeah be!" Jeff said as we pulled into the repair shop parking lot. He jogged to the back and helped us all out, "Now should I stay a bit so you can make sure your car is here and able to run?" "Yeah, man, thanks" Zak said as he jumped over the edge and onto the ground.

The shop was small and run down, and cars were everywhere, "Howdy! What can I do you for? The name's Sonny." A large man covered in oil said with a phony, try-hard accent, "Was a white van dropped off here?" Zak said making his way towards him. The man scratched at his bald head for a second then laughed, "Yes sir, three to be exact" He turned towards the lot and showed us over to three identical, yet very different vans. One van was smashed up in the front, another had chipped paint and no headlights, then there was the last which the mechanics were working on that's roof was dented.

"My poor baby!" Zak said running up to the last van kissing the front and rubbing it. Aaron stared at him with his arms crossed and Nick just stared in fear thinking to himself, "The cameras. Where is everything? Did anything survive the wreck?" Sonny smiled and grabbed Nick's arm, "I figured y'all would want 'em back."

We followed him into his dusty little shop into a backroom filled with boxes stacked to the ceiling. He made his way to a desk covered in papers and boxes and shoved one particular box out from underneath with his foot. He licked his hand and wiped his head as if he had hair and opened the box, throwing the lid onto the pile, " This was all that survived, good luck. Stay out of everything else, and get your stuff" He chuckled to himself while slamming the rotten door behind him.

"Dude, our cameras!" Aaron said pulling them out of their protective cases, "The digital recorders, the EMF detector, the Quantum flux detector, the motion detectors, the IR camera, the night vision camera and the motion camera. Oh and here's the laptop" He said lifting up each device as he named it off, "Good. We aren't missing anything." Zak said checking over everything looking for damage, "Oh shit, guys check it out" Nick said opening the laptop. It was hanging on one hinge and the screen was destroyed. Zak grabbed it and threw it at the boxes making them tumble over.

"God damn it! Can nothing ever be easy for me?!" He yelled in anger. Suddenly the door flung open, "What the hell is going on in here!?" yelled Sonny who's once little white bald head was as red as a hot tamale, "Sorry, I-" "Excuse me, Mr. Bagans?" said a police man interrupting Zak as him and his back up walked into the room.

"Uh, yeah that's me" Zak said looking confused. The women police officer walked up behind him and hand cuffed him, "Hey, hey! What's the deal?" “We’re only putting the handcuffs on you so you don't try to run. We need to take you downtown for a bit" Zak grew angry and began kicking at the officers, “I don't even know what the hell's going on!" "Sir, calm down or we will press charges-" "I don't give a fuck! You can't do this to me! What the hell's going on!?"