Chapter 33: Who You Gonna Call?

A Night in Hell (CAUTION SEXUAL CONTENT)

Chapter 33: Who You Gonna Call?

                     " He's so little..." I cooned as Kai handed me her new baby boy, Brock. He had lots of black hair and was incredibly small. I sat down on the chair next to Kai's bed and everyone stood behind me. Zak kneeled down in front of me and took Brock's hand with his index finger. Brock yawned, making Zak smile. Brock opened his eyes slightly and looked up to me, "Welcome to the world, Ekahi-iki" I whispered brushing through the baby’s soft hair. He was so beautiful and precious, I just wanted to snuggle him. And to think I could be here a few months from now...it was surreal. I doubt I'm pregnant though, it can't happen right away just like that..."It's time for visitors to leave" A nurse said walking into the room. I pouted my lip and took one last look at the baby before handing it over to my sister.

                       I hugged and kissed my relatives goodbye, “Ah, what the heck” Zak said walking up and giving my mom a huge hug, “Congratulations, Ms. Mahina” He whispered smiling at her. She tilted her head and patted his shoulder, “You’re a good boy” She said softly, “You, Mr, are not leaving without giving Momma a hug” My mom said pointing at Aaron who was slowly creeping out the door, attempting an escape. He laughed and jogged over, giving her a quick hug, “Well, you’re firmer then I thought, Kiddo! Good job out of you” She said crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes and we walked out the door. Zak, Aaron and I walked to the car. I buckled my seat belt in the driver’s seat and Zak in the passengers, "I didn't even get to hold it" Aaron whined crossing his arms as we pulled out of the parking lot, "That's because you’re a big, hairy, scary looking goon. If you did the baby would have most likely cried" Zak said putting his hand on my thigh. Aaron jumped forward and flicked him in the ear, "God damn it" Zak grunted turning around and having a swat match with Aaron, "Excuse me ladies, do you need me to hold your purses while you throw your hissy fits?" I yelled smacking Zak's back. He turned back around and laid his head on my shoulder making me roll my eyes. I pushed him away and he frowned, "Come on, let me loooove you, let me loooove you" He teased kissing my neck, "Nasty, no PDA please" Aaron said covering his face with his hand, "Hey, no comments from the peanut gallery" Zak said holding his finger up and laying his head on my shoulder.

                     We got home and I parked in the garage, "Lots of storage...” Zak admired staring at all of my (pitifully empty) cabinets. Aaron walked inside and Zak stood staring at the cabinets, "Yup, those are nice. Monogamy aren’t they?” He asked pointing at them, staring at me with a weird look. I frowned and put my arm around him, “What’s on your mind Zak? ….And it’s Mahogany… Not monogamy…” I corrected shaking my head at him. He laughed and scratched his head, “Right…Sorry, just tired I guess. I just wanted to ask you…Just…Never mind” He mumbled walking away from me and pacing, “Zak, just tell me. Actually, can you tell me inside? It’s a bit cold out here in the garage” I said crossing my arms and shivering, “No, we can’t go inside. Aaron…Aaron…He can’t know. I…I want to go to parenting class with you” Zak said stopping in front of me and staring at me, “What? You did not just say parenting class.” I sputtered. He punched his right hand into his left lightly and bit his lip, “Yes, Lani. I want to. And it’s not really a class, just a meeting. It’ll be good. Not just for us, but Zak Junior too”

“…Zak Junior…? You're kidding right?”

He laughed and shrugged,” It was that or Zak the II”

“…And what if it’s a girl?”

He tapped his index finger on his chin and looked up, lifting an eyebrow, “Zakette”

                          I laughed and shook my head, “You really are insane, you know that?” I said as he walked up to me and handed me his phone, “Can you call the hospital real quick. Please? Just, can you see when they have Lamaze classes or meetings?” He asked holding his hands together and pouting. I shook my head, “Can’t you just do it? I’m cold, let’s just do it inside” I said moving to the door. He whined and opened the door for me, “Alright…Go ahead” We walked in and Aaron was sitting on the floor putting a puzzle together, “Dude…Where the hell did you get that puzzle…” Zak said shaking his head and putting his hands on his temples. Aaron shrugged and frowned still staring down at the puzzle. Zak walked over and tilted his head, trying to get a better look at the puzzle, “Dude, is that a picture of kittens in a basket full of flowers…You’ve got to be kidding me, man….” Zak said looking at the semi-finished puzzle then up to me, “That’s a puzzle my mom gave me when I was in like, the 10th grade. It’s no big deal.” I carried on while Zak kicked around Aaron puzzle pieces with his foot, “Damn it, man, you ruined it” Aaron pouted picking up the pieces and putting them in the box, “You’re such a bully” I said shaking my head at Zak, “Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever” Zak laughed walking over to me, “Let’s call them real quick” He said taking the phone from me, “Who you going to call?” Aaron asked putting the box in the coffee table drawer, “Ghost busters” Zak teased dialing in the number, “You trader” Aaron gasped. Zak ignored him and put the phone to his ear.