36. Mishaps

“H-hey! Hold on, where do you think you’re going?”

“Er, duh. To the girls’ bathroom, of co—blegh!” Sirius gags from my suddenly grabbing the back of his collar. He nearly trips and falls backwards, but catches himself in time to turn and glare at me. “Hey, you know this is your neck that you’re abusing right?”

“Small sacrifice in the fight against your pervertedness!” I retaliate.

Sirius rolls his eyes. “I’m not being perverted. I just need to use the loo. I mean, we just ate dinner and from the feel of it,” he pauses in thought, “you haven’t gone to the bathroom since, say, before Charms? Not my fault you have a small—”

“Ah, shut up, shut up!” I grab his arm and pull him to a more isolated side of the spiral staircase to the dormitories. “Can you at least try to develop a sense of verbal decency?” I hiss at him.

Sirius snorts and raises an eyebrow at me. “Oi, decency or not, you realize we are going to have to talk about this.”

I look sideways awkwardly.

“I mean, for girls, the whole deal must be pretty simple,” he continues, brazen as ever. “I probably don’t even have to look. But… you on the other hand…”

I blink. “Me what?”

Sirius folds his arms and tilts his head at me, amused. “Cecilia, you’re going to have to go to the bathroom at some point.”

If this was some dramatic soap opera cliché, I would have fallen to my knees, clutching my head and cursing at the sky. But this is real life, so I just clutched my head and cursed at Sirius instead.

“Bollocks, you’re right! What am I going to do?”

Sirius rolls his eyes and grabs my shoulders, walking me towards the boys’ dormitories. He pats me on the back reassuringly. “Eh, you’ll figure it out.”

My face flushes at the prospect. Figure it out?

“Hold on, why are you so eager to get rid of me?” I blurt out, trying to drown out my suddenly mortifying thoughts. “You’re not planning on doing anything perverted up there are you…” I narrow my eyes at him suspiciously.

But instead of even attempting to explain himself, he just flashes me a wink and his signature crooked smirk.

“Guess you’ll never know, will you?”

And before I can say anything else, he runs up the rest of the stairs towards the girls’ dormitories. “Meet you back in the Common Room at ten to check back in with you!” he calls over his shoulder. “Catch you later!”

“Hey, wait! WAIT, YOU GIT!”

But the door had already slammed shut, leaving me standing there in the stairwell with my mouth hanging open.

Why… do I get the feeling that this is going to end so disastrously?

Sirius

I close the dormitory door behind me and lean against the wood. A grin spreads across my face before I can even help myself.

Could this girl be anymore gullible? Who said I was going to actively do perverted things in her body? I mean, c’mon, my moral standards are so underappreciated. Then again… that doesn’t make going about this whole situation any less unbeara—

“Hey, Cecilia!

Someone pounces on me from the side before I can even finish my thought. See, my point exactly. Girls are way more touchy feely than any of the blokes in my dorm!