27. Be Mine

"You're going on a date with Sirius like that? Seriously?"

"Like what?" I look over at Lily with raised eyebrows. "And, oh ho ho, no one's ever made that pun before," I add dryly.

Lily folds her arms from the bathroom doorway, no doubt just finishing up her outfit for her Merry Meaningless-Chocolate-Giving Day date with James. And, of course, the beautiful redhead looks gorgerous as per usual.

"It's an hour before they start opening the doors to go out to Hogsmeade and you're still sitting here wearing... wearing..." She gestures soundlessly at my outfit.

"Wearing what?" I pop into my mouth another chocolate from a box I received earlier this morning from Ed and sit up on my bed. I look down at my clothes and shrug. "Okay, Lil, first of all, just because you need two hours to get all prettied up for your boyfriend, doesn't mean I can't throw something on in the last couple of minutes and look just as pretty." Obviously, a bluff. "And, second of all, how do you know whether or not I'm changing?"

At this, Lily's displeased expression breaks into an excited smile. "Really? So what're you wearing then?"

I turn back to my box of chocolates and lay back down on my bed. "This," I reply blithely.

"Wait, what?"

I look at her over my shoulder and grin. "I lied. Just this."

"But all you're wearing is an oversized t-shirt and sweats!" she practically shrieks at me. It was as if my not-so-glamorous outfit physically pained her, which, let's be honest, it probably did. "How can you go on a date like that?!"

I roll my eyes and sit up in bed again. "It's not even a real date, Lil. I mean, they basically forced Sirius to ask me to go to Hogsmeade with him. He probably doesn't even care what I wear!" I pop another chocolate in my mouth. "And I seriously," I take a moment to swallow before continuing with a shrug, "don't give a crap either."

"But that's the same outfit you wore to sleep last night!"

"My point exactly."

"Ceciliaaa," Lily whines as she pounces onto my bed and wraps her arms around my shoulders. "Ceciliaaaaa!"

I look down at her in alarm. "What is it, what do you want?"

Lily glances up at me and flashes me a wicked grin. I look back at her, terror in my eyes. We sit like that, staring at each other for almost a minute... until Lily finally says the words I've dreaded ever since I befriended her...

"I've got you."

"AGHHH, HEEEEELP!" I start yelling at the top of my lungs, half-laughing at the same time, as Lily drags me off my bed and towards the bathroom. "SAVE MEEEEE!" I continue bellowing so loudly that other girls start peeking out of their curtains to watch in amusement at my failed attempt to make Lily let go of me.

I try to make another break for the bed again, but Lily hurls me into the bathroom and before I realize what's going on, she pulls off my sweats, flings an armful of clothes at my face, and slams the bathroom door closed.

"Lily!" I shriek. "Give me my pants back, you perverted little git!"

I hear her giggling outside the bathroom and, after taking a few seconds to catch her breath, she calls through the door, "If you don't want to walk out in your underwear, I suggest you put on the outfit I got for you! It's either that or your dignity!"

"I've already lost most of my dignity, so that's not much of a threat!" I call back.

"I'm sure negative points exist!"