Choices (17)

I wiped my tears away and slowly headed down to breakfast. Harry would be wondering where I went. He needed me to stay with him while the rest went off to watch the Quidditch championships. He was forced to be in detention with Snape.

"Hey," I forced myself to be happy "Ready to go?"

"I am, but you haven't eaten," he quickly pointed out.

"I'm not hungry," I said, which was actually true. I hadn't had the will to eat. I had mostly been depressed about...well, everything.

""Are you sure?" he frowned "I noticed you haven't been eating as much."

Oh really, I thought you were too busy being involved with Ginny, I thought bitterly. I quickly shook my head. Stop blaming him for everything!

"I'm fine," I smiled at him.

"Alright," he said, still suspicious "we can go now."

He held my hand as we walked down to the Quidditch Pitch to wish them luck. Harry looked so sad as he wished them luck and gave them advice. I saw Ginny look over at us a couple of times, but thought against it when I interlocked my hands tighter with Harry's.

"Hey, I know you want to stay here," I whispered "but being late to detention isn't going to do you any good." He reluctantly agreed and we left the Quiddditch Pitch.

"You can stay here if you want," he offered "you don't have to wait for me."

"No I'm fine waiting. Quidditch was never really my thing anyway."

"Really?" he looked surprise "Quidditch isn't your thing?"

I stopped in my tracks "Yes...is that a problem?" I asked harshly.

"No but you were always so interested..." he looked hurt.

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry."

We walked up to Snape's office in silence.

"I'll see you after," I said awkwardly.

"Yeah, see you."

He left without even giving me a hug or a kiss or any sign of affection. I sighed. What was happening to us? Yesterday he said he needed me, now he was just...weird.

I started walking out of the dungeons, deep in thought until I saw a pair of shoes in front of me. I looked up and saw...

"Draco?"

He looked good, better than before. Most of the tiredness had gone from his eyes, he was no longer as pale and his scars had faded. The only thing wrong was...his personality. He looked me up and down, his eyes emotionless, then stepped to one side and walked away.

I felt an ache in my chest. What did I expect? Of course he hated me now. I shut my eyes tightly, as if wishing for everything to go back to normal. But when I opened my eyes, I knew everything had stayed exactly the same.

The halls were deserted. Everyone was at the big game. Everyone except for me and Draco. I wondered what he was doing now.

"Stop thinking about him!" I said aloud.

"Stop thinking about who?"

I spun around to see Draco Malfoy standing calmly behind me.

"No- no one" I stuttered. He smirked.

"Am I really supposed to believe that?"

"Yes?"

"Ok." He turned back around and walked off again.