Choices (26)

"I can't drink this." I placed the vial down on the table. Everyone looked at me in shock.

"But- But Amanda, you have to drink it," Hermione spluttered "Harry wants you to."

"What Harry doesn't know, won't kill him, "I said calmly.

"Yeah, but it might kill you, "Ron muttered.

I sighed. "Look, it isn't fair that I get to drink it just because I was Harry's girlfriend. Other people deserve it too."

I picked up the vial and handed it to Ginny.

She looked at me questioningly and I nodded. A mutual understanding had been formed between us. In my head I was saying, he's yours now.

I got up and went into my dormitory where I took out the potion that Draco had given me. This time I didn't hesitate before taking a sip. I had made my choice.

I loved Draco Malfoy.

--

I stood with my back against the wall, my wand at the ready. The potion made me feel confident and...safe. I felt like nothing could hurt me. I could hear Conner McLaggen humming besides me. Because I didn't drink Harry's potion, Hermione suggested I should have someone with me to keep me safe just in case. She didn't know that I had drunk someone else, so even though I insisted, she still made someone come and protect me. Connor had volunteered, much to my dismay and for the past hour, he had been hitting on me.

"So is it true you broke up with Potter?" he asked, even though we both knew he knew the answer to that one.

"A long time ago," I replied in a bored tone.

"Are you going out with anyone else as the moment?" I could feel him inching closer to me. Seriously?

I decided to humour him a little. I turned my body sideways so it faced him and I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Do you want me to go out with anyone else?" I whispered seductively in his ear. I could see him smirk from the corner of my eye as he draped his hand over my waist and tugged me closer to him. I grimaced but thankfully he couldn't see my face from where he was looking.

"Want to just ditch this and head up to somewhere more...private?" he asked sleazily. I was just about to push him off me when I saw the door besides us slowly opening and Bellatrix Lestrange appearing. When she saw us, her eyes widened in glee

"Stupefy!" she shot a stunning spell at us.

I quickly pushed Connor away from me, causing him to fall to the ground and slump against the wall.

"Protego!" I yelled and her stunning spell was blocked.

Behind her, more Death Eaters appeared followed by Draco. His eyes widened as he saw me. I wanted to say something to him, to let him know that I remembered everything and that I loved him. But I couldn't without making the Death Eater's suspicious and putting Draco in danger.

So instead I yelled out his name "Malfoy! You traitor! How could you do that? Don't you know you're hurting people who want to be with you IN THIS LIFE?"

He looked blank for a moment but slowly realization began to dawn on him. I gave him a small smile.

"Shut it Cornwall," he ordered me coldly.

I wasn't hurt though. I knew that he had understood my hint that I had given him.

"Leave her," he said to his aunt but she just laughed wickedly.

"Go in Draco, "she told him in a sing song voice "I'll take care of this one."

 He hesitated but another Death Eater pushed him forward and he had no choice but to leave.