Choices (9)

"Malfoy!"

After talking to Slughorn, he had quickly packed up his things and left. We still didn't have a time for when to meet and I wanted to get this over and done with.

"Malf- Harry!" I bumped into Harry whilst running out the door after Malfoy. Both our books dropped to the floor.  "Oh my god I'm so sorry." I bent down to pick up his books.

"Don't worry about it." He bent down to help me.  Once we had the correct books he asked me "Why were you calling after Malfoy?"

"Um..." For some reason I didn't feel like telling Harry about my late night tutoring sessions with Malfoy. It felt like it should be kept a secret...especially from Harry. "Um...I picked up the wrong pen." I explained. I could feel a blush rising up my cheeks. I was a terrible liar.

"A...pen?" he asked, unconvinced.

"Yes, he took my special pen, I can't work without it," I said feebly.

"I'll buy you a new one," Harry offered.

"Oh no that's ok I can just ask for it back." I figured this could be a good excuse to ask Malfoy if we were actually going to go through with the tutoring.

"No listen," Harry pulled me into an empty classroom. "I don't like you being around him too much."

"Why?" I asked, confused. He couldn't be jealous could he? Already?

"Well you know hoe Ron told you that he might be a...Death Eater,"

"Yeah..." I shivered. To think of him being a Death Eater made a chill go down my spine.

"Well since everyone knows we're...together now, I'm just afraid that he might use you to get to me," Harry explained.

"Oh..." I guess that makes sense. "Don't worry about me Harry; I can take care of myself." I reassured him.

"I know...I just want you to be careful."

Smiling, I kissed him.

"Thanks for worrying."

--

"Malfoy!"

I could see him talking with Pansy and Blaise and everyone else. Of course, he was the centre of attention.

"Hey look its Potter's girlfriend!" screeched Pansy. This made Malfoy turn around. His face was hard, just like that time at dinner. His grey eyes were locked on mine. They betrayed no emotion.

"Malfoy," I said again after approaching him.

"What?" he said bored.

"You have my pen," I lied. I didn't like that fact that all his friends were leaning in slightly closer to listen to our conversation. I had to get him somewhere private.

"Your what?" his face became confused now. At least that was one emotion I got out of him.

"My pen. You know the one you took from POTIONS class," I tried giving him a hint.

"I would never take your pen," he said, his face resuming that bored expression. I felt a surge of anger rise up. Gosh this guy was slow.

"Well you did! SLUGHORN clearly saw you," I gave him an even bigger hint.

"Nope sorry," he turned his back to me and said to his listening friends "I think Potter has made her go delusional." His friends all laughed. That was it.

"MALFOY!" I yelled at him. He turned to look at me again with that stupid bored expression.

"Wha-"  Before he could finish off his sentence, I slapped him across the cheek. His friends all gasped. There was a giant palm mark on his left cheek that was slowly turning red.

"Geezus Woman!" he cursed after he had recovered from the blow "You want your stupid pen that badly? I'll buy you a pen!" He stormed off.  Knowing that now was my chance, I walked after him. He kept on walking ahead of me until we had turned a corner. There, he yanked me into an empty classroom.

"You didn't have to slap that hard," he said to me. His tone had changed. It was now warm and friendly, like that time on the lake. I was stunned.

"What? Do you mean to tell me you were acting?!" I was so confused.

"Well yeah. I caught your drift the first time you said pen. I didn't want them to know though." He shrugged. "You're a pretty bad liar though."

"So you pretended you knew nothing of what I was talking about and made me sound like an idiot in front of all your friends?" I said slowly trying to make sense of what had happened.

"Pretty much," he shrugged again.

This time I slapped him on the right cheek.

"Ow! Why are you slapping me?" he asked wincing as he touched his cheeks.

"BECAUSE MALFOY! OH MY GOD! YOU ARE SUCH AN ANNOYING LITTLE GIT! I FEEL LIKE STRANGLING YOU. YOU...WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" I yelled.

He stood there looking amused.

"Ah, that famous Cornwall temper," Malfoy smirked. "You know I think I remember my father saying something about a girl in his year with a fiery temper just like yours. Amy Willow?"

That was my mother's maiden name. " How did you know that?"

He chuckled "I distinctly remembered my father saying that was the quality that he liked best about her. You know I think that when my father was young, he had a little schoolboy crush on her." He winked.

"Well thank god she didn't like him back!"

He laughed. It was a laugh that made my anger vanished. I had never heard him laugh like that before. For once, he sounded genuinely happy.  

"Malfoy..." I said softly.

"Hmm?" His face was still creased with laughter.

"Never mind."

We agreed to start after our detention ended.

"Finish your lines as quickly as possible," he said before we parted ways "I don't want to be up all night tutoring you."

"Likewise," I shot back before walking off.

Draco

What was I doing? How could I have even thought of tutoring her? She was Potter's girl now. I should have just let him tutor her. But...then I wouldn't be able to see her nearly as much.

I shook my head trying to rid my mind of these thoughts of her. I haven't been able to stop thinking about her ever since the night on the Lake. No, I told myself, you have to concentrate on your mission. You don't have time for this.

But every time I tell myself that, more thoughts of her just pop up. From her tempers to her little breakdowns, I just couldn't stop thinking about her.

It's because she's with Potter, I told myself, and you're just looking for a way to get to Potter. It's not like you like her or anything.

I better not like her...