Choices (8)

When I walked into the dungeons, everyone stopped talking.

"Hey look, it's Harry Potter's girlfriend!" yelled someone from across the room.

"How was it? Losing your virginity to the Chosen One??"

"Alright quiet down now!" ordered Professor Slughorn. "There's a spare seat next to Draco Malfoy" he said to me. I looked to the left and there he was, sitting there without a care in the world. I looked over to the front where Harry, Ron and Hermione were seating. They all had apologetic, sympathetic looks on their faces as I plopped myself down next to Malfoy.

"Looks like things have gone a lot faster than I thought," said Malfoy, smirking.

"Your point is?"

"Well I never took you for a "hook up with a guy on the first date" kind of girl."

"Malfoy!" Angrily, I stomped on his foot.

"OW!" he cried out.

'What's going on back there?" Professor Slughorn frowned as he looked over at us.

"Nothing sir," I smiled sweetly and slughorn resumed his lecture.

"You stomp hard," Malfoy said softly to me. "That hurt a lot more than it should have."

"Well you deserved it. It's none of your business what I do with Harry and for your information we didn't sleep together." I stared pointedly at him.

"Well for your information it is my business," he mimicked my expression on his face.

I scoffed "What are you talking about?"

"Your ranting last night gave me a lot of information about you two you know. Imagine what would happen if everybody knew about the things you told me?" he chuckled

"Draco Malfoy are you threatening me?"

"I might be."

"How dare you-"

"Miss Cornwall?"

"Yes sir?" my attention snapped back to the front of the classroom where Professor Slughorn was a holding a vial of liquid.

"Could you tell me what potion this is" he asked.

"Um..." I could see Hermione waving her hand around trying desperately to get Slughorn's attention. "I'm not sure sir." I said finally.

"Hmm...what about you Mr. Malfoy?"

"It's Amortentia, a very powerful love potion," he responded "it mimics infatuation or obsession and smells differently according to what each person likes. " Everyone in the room was looking at him now, astounded. Who knew Malfoy was a potions whiz. He looked at me while he explained. I started to feel nervous again, just like that time on the lake. I looked away hurriedly, willing for this fluttery feeling to disappear.

"And now," said Slughorn "It's time for us to start work."

"Sir, you haven't told us what was in this one," said Ernie Macmillian, pointing to a small black cauldron on Slughorn's desk.

"Oho," said Slughorn. No doubt he had left it till last for dramatic effect, I thought. "Well this ladies and gentle men is a little something I like to call Felix Felecis. In other words Liquid Luck!"

The whole classroom seem to sit up a little straighter.

"Now, I'm going to offer this little fellow up as a prize for whoever makes the best Draught of Living Death. Now...of you go!"

Five mins after he had said this, everyone was in deep concentration. All wanted that little bit of liquid luck. Including me.  I opened up my book and started following the instructions but with no luck. I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Everything I was trying to do seemed to be wrong. I looked over at Malfoy who was briskly cutting up his Gudrow roots. He looked so calm and efficient...so appealing as well. Wait, what was that? I shook my head ridding all thoughts of how good he looked while working. Concentrate! I willed myself.

By the time time was up, I knew I had failed miserably. My potion hadn't resembled any of the shades of colours that was stated in the book and I was now left with a big red mess to accompany the T I would be getting in my N.E.W.T.S later. I avoided the Professor's eye as he looked down at my potion. Instead I sneaked a look at Malfoy's cauldron. His mixture looked smooth and glossy with a pale maroon shade. He had high chances of winning. Apparently slughorn thought that too when he looked over at Malfoy's cauldron His look of satisfaction made me sure that Malfoy had won but when he walked over to Harry's cauldron I knew all was lost for malfoy.

"The clear winner!" he cried to the dungeon " Here is your Felix Felicis my boy- use it well"

I was proud of Harry but when I looked over at Malfoy's dark expression I couldn't help but feel a little bit...sorry for him.

"Miss Cornwall." I looked up as Slughorn headed towards me and Malfoy. The classroom had emptied and now it was just us three.

"Yes sir?"

"I've been watching you and I have to say, I'm a bit worried about your grades..." he frowned.

"Yes I know sir...I guess I'm not that good at potions as my mother was ," I said.

"Hmm...maybe Malfoy can tutor you?" said slughorn looking appraisingly at him.

"What was that?"  Did he really just say that?

"Malfoy to tutor you. I think it's an excellent idea. What do you think Malfoy?" asked slughorn.

"I'm afraid we have detention for the rest of the week," he responded coolly

"Yes," I confirmed " From seven till late."

"Well I suppose you could always stay up late can't you?" he raised his eyebrows "Detention is only for the rest of the week anyway."

"Why can't Potter do it?" argued Malfoy.

"I wouldn't want Miss Cornwall to be distracted Mr. Malfoy," Slughorn explained  "Not after what I've been hearing."

I could have died right there. Did he really just make a comment about me and Harry dating?

That caused Malfoy to smirk "I guess I could do it."

Great, now I had no choice but to agree.

"Yay!" I said weakly

It was going to be a long week.

------

Hey Guys, omg record for me!!! posted 4 stories in one day! I am proud of myself whoo!!!

remember to vote comment and fan

m currently 750 on whats hot list lets make it to like...top ...100?

thnx to all my fans

hope you like the story