Choices (36)

The next day, the three of them headed off to Luna Lovegood’s house. I waved them off and told them I was content with staying with the tent, much to Hermione’s suspicion. Harry wanted me to come along, but I declined and said at least one person needed to stay behind in case anything went wrong.

I waited until I couldn’t see them anymore before putting my plan into action. My heart sank as I realised I would be betraying Harry but I pushed that thought aside and concentrated on reuniting myself with Draco.

Ron had said that Voldemort’s name was a taboo and that would cause Snatchers to appear. Hopefully those snatchers would take me to the Death Eater’s lair so I could find Draco. I basically just had to find a way to trick one of them into saying his name. I couldn’t possibly be the one to do it because that would confirm Hermione’s suspicions and hurt Harry even more. Harry never said his name anymore; he just called him “You Know Who.”

I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples. I could feel signs of a headache coming on from all this hard thinking. Suddenly an idea came to me.

Ron had been fiddling with the radio all week to find some radio channel about the Order of Phoenix or something.  Maybe that would knock some sense into Harry and get him to start using Voldemort’s name again.

Excited, I started fiddling with the knobs on the wizard radio. It was complicated, but I quickly got the hang of what knobs to turn and how to wave my wand to work the radio. It felt like hours before I finally found the password and the right frequency. Now I just needed to make sure Ron knew how to find it too…

I heard a loud click outside, signalling their return. I hurried outside to see all three of them covered in muck and dirt. Harry was bleeding incessantly and Ron was cursing at the skies.

“What happened to you?” I gasped out. I rushed over to Harry and helped him into the tent while Ron and Hermione set up more protective wards.

“Xenophilius Lovegood betrayed us,” Harry gasped in pain as I applied Dittany on his injuries. “Death Eaters showed up and nearly tried to kill us. His house blew up.”

My ears perked up at the sound of Death Eaters.                                                                                                     

“Which death eaters?” I asked.

“Travers and Selwyn.”

I didn’t know whether to feel disappointed or relived that he wasn’t there. I just continued to tend to Harry’s injuries. ‘

--

Throughout the night, all they could talk about was something called the “Deathly Hallows”. I tried my best to look interested but my mind was a hundred miles away. All I could think about Draco and the possibility that I would see him soon…if Ron played his part.

When the excitement had died down, I saw Ron make his way over to the radio.

“What are you doing?” I asked as nonchalantly as possible, even though I already knew the answer.

“Trying to find this radio station that a few members of the Order made,” he explained while turning knobs. “Wait, you know what the Order is yeah?”

“Of course,” I replied. He looked relived to find that he didn’t just let out one of their biggest secrets.

“Amanda really told you all about us huh?”

“We were very close…she’s very fond of you,” I replied, tears nearly welling up in my eyes. I felt so guilty for deceiving all of them like this, but it was the only way I could get to Draco.

“Any luck?” I inquired.

“I think I nearly got the frequency, but so many things could be the password,” he said frustrated.

“Oh…” How was I suppose to tell him the password without making it obvious? “I bet you would really want Dumbledore’s help right now wouldn’t you?”

Please get my hint…please get my hint…

“Albus!” Ron exclaimed. I let out a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin!

Harry and Hermione came over at the sound of Ron’s exclamation. Together we all listened to the broadcast. Occasionally I would see Harry smile at what they were saying or see his eyes well up with tears. I felt horrible about what I was about to do, and I hope that he would eventually forgive me.

The broadcast ended and I knew that now was the time.

“Harry!” I exclaimed “Did you hear what Fred said?”

He turned to me excitedly. “He’s on the move, he;s looking for that secret weapon. VOLDEMORT is looking for the elder wand.”

All of a sudden the sneakascope started whirling around and I knew my job was done. Quickly, I snatched the satchel I had packed while they were away. Ron clicked the Deluminator and we were thrust into sudden darkness.

“Come out of there with your hands up,” came a rasping voice through the darkness “We’ve got a half a dozen wands pointed at you and we don’t care who we curse.”

I slowly let out my breath. It was now or never. Do or die. 

 -------------------------------

Sorry for the long wait. Ws considering giving up on this story but then i saw how you guys were really looking forward to the next chpter and everything. This is just a short chapter cause I know some of you guys just can't wait any longer. Will post a longer one up really soon. Pinky Promise. VOTE AND COMMENT!