Choices (31)

I flipped the phone shut, still trying to process what had happened. Fuming, I flung the phone into the wall. It landed on the floor in broken pieces, just like my heart. Not satisfied, I grabbed a lamp and flung that at the wall as well. My rage spurred me on as I smashed anything I could get my hands on.

At the end of it all, my room was a wreck of broken glass. My hands had deep cuts that blood flowed easily out of and stained the white carpet. Tired and defeated, I sank into bed and out my head in my hands, not caring about the blood. It was then that I succumbed myself to the aching feeling and let the tears flow out.

--

A month passed

Two months passed

Three months passed

I threw myself into working for the Dark Lord. I did anything to take my mind of her. The Dark Lord had me set on getting rid of our obstacles. I carried out his bidding. I no longer cared what I did. A simple flick of my wand was all it took for a green light to flash and end a life. Before, I would have felt so guilty. Before, I would have thrown up and inflicted some sort of pain on myself to make me feel better about killing a completely innocent person.

But that was before. And this is now. I did my tasks with a stony face. If I wasn't needed, I holed myself up in my room and just stared out the window, waiting for the end to come along. I no longer ate. Anything that was served to me in my room, would be thrown out the window for the birds to eat. My sheets were forever tangled from me tossing and turning all night, waiting for sleep to take over. I didn't have the heart to make my own bed and I forbade any house elves from entering my room. I must have looked like a wreck with no sleep and no food. I didn't care. I just avoided all mirrors.

My mother was worried as always. She constantly interrogated me on my eating and sleeping habits. I lied of course.  I can feel my life slowly withering away. I had no energy to do anything anymore. So it's here that I say my final words...

I lifted my wand to my head, like I'd imagined other wizards doing. I closed my eyes and my mind flashed back to everything that had happened in the last two months. All those happy memories with...Amanda. Meeting up with her...then breaking up. My jaw tightened as I thought about her. She had no right to do that to me. I was Draco Malfoy. No one got away with doing that. I opened my eyes again. I knew it was pointless thinking about revenge. I simply had no energy left. So I simply muttered the words that would soon end my life.

"DRACO!"

My eyes flew open as I heard my oh so dear aunt summoning me.

"DRACO!" she screeched again.

Sighing, I pocketed my wand and headed down the stairs to the main lobby. Ending my own life would have to wait.

But when I reached the bottom step, my heart immediately froze. There, kneeling before my family, was the great Harry Potter himself. At least...I think it was Harry Potter. It was a much uglier version of him but the scar that had pained me for the last six years was as bright as day.

"Draco, is it him?" my aunt hissed.

"I..."

I looked at the pleading in his eyes.

"Come on Draco," my aunt simpered "Imagine if we were the ones to bring him to the Dark Lord."

"Now we're not forgetting who actually brought him here, are we?" growled Fennir Greyback.

"Of course not," Bellatrix muttered impatiently.

While they were distracted, I let my eyes wander over the other three companions. There was Weasley of course, with his bright red flaming hair, along with Hermione Granger. The third person however, was the one that caught my eye the most.

She had shoulder length brown hair that had been straightened to perfection. Her eyes were the same colour as well, a nice warm brown that you could just stare into forever. Her skin was flawless and even though she must have gone through hell from the Snatchers, she still looked like a supermodel.  Her gaze was fixed on mine too. I could feel myself zoning out and now it was just me and her, just staring into each other's eyes like our lives depended on it.

"For god's sakes Draco!" my aunt yelled. "Is it him or not?"

I broke eye contact from the beautiful stranger and looked at Harry once more. The pleading in his eyes had grown stronger and my conscience was starting to nag at me.

"No." I finally said. I could see relief flood into his eyes and he nodded discreetly at me. I just turned away and headed back up the stairs.

"Wait!" My aunt grabbed my arm and pulled me back "Are you sure?"

"I'm very sure," I lied.

"But these are his friends, Hermione Granger and Weasley," my father butted in. "This must be him." My father glared at me.

"Enough!" Bellatrix screamed "I shall summon the Dark Lord."  She swiftly pulled up her sleeve and pressed her fingers on the evil black mark. I felt a surge of pain run through me as she pressed it, but I tried my best to stay calm. My father didn't appreciate weakness. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Harry writhing in pain.

I turned around and headed up the stairs yet again. But before I could reach the top, I was summoned back down again.

"Where do you think you're going?" my father hissed into my ear. I shrugged him off me. My eyes landed yet again onto the beautiful stranger's. There was a screaming match going on beside us between Bellatrix and Hermione, but we both ignored it.

"Let go of me!" Weasley screamed as Fennir Greyback grabbed him and Harry. He managed to scoop up the girl and whisked her away to the basement. Normally, I would have stopped him in a heartbeat. I would have made him put her down so I could just stare into those beautiful eyes some more. But I wasn't normal anymore.

I watched him drag them down to the basement where he locked them up. Thumps could be heard as they attempted to break down the door. Useless of course. This was a magical residence. Simply hitting the door wouldn't work. Finally it was all silent down there. The only thing that could be heard were the screams from Granger as she was being tortured by my aunt. Once again, I felt no emotion.

Peter Pettigrew crept past me anxiously, as he headed to fulfil my aunt's orders. I watched him go down to the basement with a bored expression then resumed watching my aunt again. Suddenly there was a scream and the door burst open.

  My hand immediately drew my wand out. I braced myself for attack. Harry and Ron lunged forward at my Bellatrix. Spells were whizzing around everywhere. Before I could do anything, my wand was whipped from my hand and landed into the outstretched fingers of Harry Potter. I narrowed my eyes and made to grab it back, but I knew it was useless.

The old house elf Dobby appeared and grabbed Ron, Hermione and Harry. Just as they were about to disapparate, my aunt threw the silver dagger she had used to torture Hermione ], in their direction. Her throw was so accurate; I knew that the house elf didn't stand a chance. And then...they were gone.  My aunt started screaming when she realised they had gotten away. Not wanting to be caught up in this mess, I slipped away to the privacy of my room. This time, they were too distracted to call me back.

I quietly closed the door and walked over to the window. With my wand now gone, I couldn't kill myself so efficiently now. The only way left was...out the window...

I sighed deeply as I contemplated whether or not the window was the best way. Then, as if out of a dream, I heard a voice that I never thought I would hear again.

"Hello Draco."

 --------------------------

Hey guys, this may be shortn but i figuredb i should probably upload. Things have been soooooo busy since the start of the year. Schoolwork...boys...drama...boys...SIGH High school is hard :/

Everyone vote and comment!!!!!!!!!!! My numbers have gone down :( i havent been getting as many comments and votes as i used to have. The next two chapters are already written and ready to upload but first...i need a minimum of 15 votes

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!!!!