Chapter 17

AI JONGHYUN's POV

"Alright. Thanks for your hard work."

The photographer breaks us all off and I head down to my own apartment to finally see Y/N. She promises me that she will come over for dinner. Just the two of us. No, it is not a date or anything of likes, but a friendly dinner. Today marks her fifteen days out of the hospital and her memories are not getting better at all. Nothing triggers any memory of hers, even before I came in to her life. None of our efforts produced no fruits. But I am not giving up on her just yet. An update on my system being human? Well, let's talk about that some other time. It stresses me out.

Never mind.

Fact that I said it is stressing me out just even thinking about it, reveals somewhat the percentage. I have 95% of me being human. Five more percent then I am done for. My memories, that is. While waiting, I transfer all of my memories with Y/N through converting them into photographs and videos and transferring them on my phone, so when the time comes, I have something to go back to and knowing that we, who were robots before, remember when trained to do so by ourselves through exposure to what should trigger memory. Enough exposure can lead to faster recall. This is the time that I wish humans have this as well. Maybe I should also stop talking about my kind and talk like a proper human being.

After all, that's what I want and becoming.

"Hey!" As I open the door, she greets me with a smile and hugs me through my neck.

"You look great!" Y/N exclaims as I let her in my room.

"You as well. Here, sit." I offer her the seat across mine and when she sits down, I sit as well on my place. I prepare us some ribs for dinner and wine, just 15% alcohol in it. SHe stares at the wine in her glass and tilts her head.

"Do you not like wine, Y/N?"

"No. I-I don't know how they taste like."

With her comment so slow, examining the drink makes me smile and giggle a little. She is like a newborn child who knows nothing except how to function. Suggesting her to take a few sips after she eats the ribs with some rice, she makes a face that I can not describe.

"Whoa! Ugh-This is different from water, that's for sure." But during the course of our dinner, she gets the whole bottle into half. Knowing that her face is turning a little more red by the minute, I stop her.

"Whoa there tiger. Easy on yourself." I stand up, discarding the bottles in the garbage. When I return, she is still sitting there where I left her.

"Not tired enough?" I ask her. Y/N shakes her head and says,

"We must be close, right?" Her eyes sparkles under the moonlight tonight and it reveals her brown eyes shining so bright in front of me.

"Yes, we are. Do you think you can go home like this?" I smile.

"No."

And that is when I know that she wants to spend the night with me for the day. But I am more surprised as to how she is handling the alcohol. Not so great. I carry her to my bed and lay her down to give her some rest while I change my clothes and clean the kitchen and the dining table.

"Are you sure you want to sleep here?"

As she nods, she makes herself comfortable by taking off her heels, her light sweater, hair ties and when she almost spreads her legs, I hold her knees just in time to close them and put her under the covers. Guessing that she is drunk, she acts carelessly. If I am a bad man, I would have taken advantage of her already since shes wearing a dress and I would not bother closer her legs for her. At this sight of her under the blanket, patter the empty right side of the bed like asking for a dog to cuddle with her, I just let out a little chuckle.