Chapter 1

Y/N's POINT OF VIEW

"Hey, you don't have a boyfriend yet?"

I can not tell you how sick I am hearing this over and over whenever I go to campus studying human resources. Some people say that it is rare to find someone who has not have any experience in dating, or might as well generalize it, no experience with love whatsoever. In result,I give up reasoning with them. It's no fun when your friends pop that question every time they see you.

Today is the fresh start of the school year. I have three months left before classes officially begins and I am on my way to go to my work. Oh sorry, it seems like I did not introduce myself well to you yet.

Hey, my name is Y/N and I am just your average girl who is attending college to get her human resources certificate and diploma and figure my life out. I am currently living with my older brother, Jaehyun and my older sister Jessica. My older brother works at a fashion company and he is a photographer, while my sister is a designer. Our parents wanted us to be more independent from them, and this is why we are not living on our own miles and miles away from them. We were born in Los Angeles, CA and the United States up until, well, after I graduated high school there, so the language barrier that we have here is South Korea is wearing me off.

Jaehyun and Jessica are doing just fine when it comes to language since they have been learning Korean for years while I tuned out when they were teaching me.

"Hey, Y/N, do you want to go and help us around the office?"

Jessica asks me as she notices that I am just lounging around in our living room. They both work at the same company, by the way and it seems like artistic abilities runs in our blood as our relatives are working there as well, but the CEO is not of our blood.

"Hmm why?" I ask. I am the only one in our huge family who are not studying arts. Human resources are good for me and I am not really into drawing since I am not very good at them.

"Our team leader needs an assistant and since you're studying to be one," She starts to come towards me while the measuring tape is around her hand,

"Is it paid?"

"Oh yes it is! I know you'd like it if-"

"Dude, I'm in."

"Can you not sound like a man?" Jaehyun laughs at me and continues, "It sometimes feel like I have another brother."

"Aish!" I run towards him as he tries to run away handling his latest camera that I bought for him for his birthday.

"Jess, isn't your team leader young as well?"

"Hmm." She thinks thoroughly as she comes back to her desk, planning for a new design, "Yes. He's quite young. He's around Y/N's age." And from there, I tune anything out.

Hours later, during our lunch outside, having brugers, I pop the question,

"So, when will I go?" Jaehyun opens his laptop and shows something to me.

"You have to apply for it. But since most of our relatives work there, you have a higher chance to get in."

Right there and then, I apply online using my brother's laptop. With my heart racing, I press send and after thanking him for letting me use his, their own team leaders calls them at the same time. Both Jessica and Jaehyun stands up, collecting their things leaving me sitting alone as I look up to them, being confused as to what is going on. It turns out, the whole company is having an emergency meeting and they need to go there right away. Jaehyun gives me his pass card for me to use the public transportation.