Chapter 13

AI JONGHYUN POV

For weeks, my feelings towards the human Jonghyun and her stays the same. I do not quite know the emotion, but basing on my calculations and research through the web, it must be jealousy. But why? I am not even human. At least, not yet. Today, Y/N's life will change, for better or for worse, it is still yet to be known.

As I am sitting alone in my apartment building, straight across to Y/N's, I turn on the TV in order for me to develop and practice even more about various kinds of emotions there is in this human world. I turn it on the news.

"Good afternoon Seoul and this afternoon, we deliver such bad news." Says the first female anchor.

"Early morning at one thirty, one of the CEO's son Kim Jonghyun, from one of the top fashion companies in South Korea has been diagnosed with a genetic disease. Mr. Kim was in a cardiac arrest, which ultimately claimed his life."

"Is this why I can not contact Y/N and Jonghyun-nim?" I say out loud to myself. Standing up, I turn off the television and knock on her door. She is not answering, what a surprise.

I try to dial her once again for the second time today and yet, still no answer. I grow worried, I believe that is what it is, so I try to find her location. Because many people use their phones and bring it with them almost wherever they go, I am hoping that Y/N turned her GPS or location on her device. Few seconds later, I head to where she is. She is still in the hospital. During these past few weeks, Kim Jongyun-nim asked her to be his official boyfriend and she did say yes. That was the start when she ignored me. No, not completely, but more like being put aside. I do not have any problems with that.

After all, I am made to keep her company. Only if she needs me. But in truth, though, I am just a stranger. I will be a stranger when I completely turn into a human being just like some of us are turning into and turned. I can only imagine how she is feeling at this moment, but seeing her cry at the hospital's hallway, refusing to leave, this is when I make myself known to her and to pll her out of the hospital.

She needs me, right?

As we get to the garden behind the hospital, it is also where the children's playground is located, Y/N immediately cried over my shoulder when we both sit on the bench. She cries so hard, that she can barely breathe properly.

"Breathe." I tell her, but she can not control herself. She must have loved him so much for her to be hurt like this.

"If only I can bring him back."

Y/N says under her breath, being covered with her crying voice. At this moment, my shoulder is soaked with her tears, but I do not mind. We hear an ice cream truck pulling up and I tell her to wait as I order two ice cones, one vanilla and one chocolate. I am not sure which one she is in the mood for, though. Looking back, I analyze her posture and her past that she shared with me, I can safely say that she is in her dangerous state of depression. It is not the first time she has shown me her true colours whenever she does have this emotion carrying with her.

Walking back, I force a smile on my face and she does the same. She takes the chocolate one and I take the vanilla.

"I hope he's happy where he is." I say cautiously. She says nothing in return, but a sigh. We stay like that for a couple of seconds, but I observe the children playing on the swings, the sandbox building castles and their laughter. It is one of my favourite sounds so far. Little do I know, Y/N puts her hand on my knee to support her head.

"Want to lie down here?" I ask.

"Mhm." Is all she says.

She puts her head down on my lap and her whole body on the rest of the bench's empty slots for seating and buries her face on my stomach. From my view, she is like a kitten in her mother's arms...well, paws? Her warmth overwhelms my emotions and I receive a notification that me being close to a person is coming close.