Chapter 23 - Let's Get Lost

Author:

This is long. Okay! I spent seven hours straight writing this chapter so give me props. But I'm not going to read it and edit it, because I'm too tired so enjoy what you can.

Happy reading(:

Song: I Must Be Dreaming - The Maine

^ I just thought it sort of matches with the scenes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I smiled and hugged them. They all agreed to help me 'tidy up' the old lady's antique shop. It took a lot of pleading and fake explanations, but they managed to agree.

We all walked in the door and the bells jingled about five times until we finally stopped it. "Hi Kate," I waved to her.

"Oh! Abby! I'm glad you came," Kate smiled.

"I already love this place," Ryan looked at all the creepy dolls aligned on the shelf.

"Of course you would," Jordan rolled her eyes.

"It's not my fault, I didn't have a fun childhood," he shrugged.

"So what should we do first?" I asked Kate.

"Well, I need you, you, and you to come with me to the back," she pointed to Cam, Jason, and Xavior. "And for now, can all four of you just grab all the dolls and clean them?" she smiled towards us.

"Sure," I looked at Ryan, Jordan, and Radley. We took the Christmas dolls from the table and found some rags to wipe off the dirt on the doll's faces.

"How's life guys?" Ryan started the conversation while we cleaned the dolls. We sat in a circle on half broken wooden chairs with the big table filled with the Christmas dolls in front of us.

"Great," Jordan responded in a sarcastic tone.

"Really? You wanna talk about it?" Ryan smirked.

"Yeah. You'd be the first person I go to whenever I 'wanna talk about it'," she faked being angry and roughly wiped off a smudge of dirt on a creepy doll's cheek.

"Fine. Don't talk about it," Ryan shrugged. I finished cleaning one doll and grabbed another one off of the table while carefully setting the cleaned one in a small tray. They all gave me weird eyes and they watched the doll sit in the container.

"The table's dirty," I looked back at them. They all nodded and followed what I did.

"So how's life, Abby?" Radley questioned in a playful tone.

"I don't know, Radley. How's life for you?" I asked back in my playful tone.

"It's great, actually. I'm surrounded by great people, creepy dolls, and I'm in an antique shop that I didn't know existed," he smiled. We all chuckled.

"That's great to hear," Jordan jumped back in.

"How about yours, Ryan?" I turned to him.

"Good... so far," he stared at me like I was going to strangle him. I rolled my eyes.

"Abby! Do you mind coming back here real quick?" Kate shouted from the deep back closet.

"Sure," I yelled back and dropped down all the dolls then headed back.

**********************

The day passed by quickly. It wasn't as great talking to Cam, Jason, Xavior, and Kate in a stuffy closet cleaning wrapping papers, but I was glad that they actually agreed to help out.