Chapter 22 - Can I get a Signature?

It was a quarter to midnight on Christmas Eve and the whole gang was at Ryan's place. We were in the large living room playing an intense game of 'Connect Four' Jason and Xavior thought the game was too 'kiddish' for their pride so they settled on Foosball. 

"I swear Ryan if you put it there-" I threatened. Plop. The little yellow disc bounced up a bit when it fell on top of the red colored disc.

"My hand slip," he smirked. He had two ways to win and I knew he will win. I picked up the grid and dumped out all the discs. "OH, NO, NO! ABBY!" Ryan shouted while watching the game be destroyed.

"Whoops! My hand just went all crazy," I wiggled my wrist in front of him. 

"You're such a sore loser," he rolled his eyes. 

"Yeah," I agreed. I got out of the seat letting Jordan play Radley. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed a soda bottle from the fridge. 

"Is it bad that my parents have to hide all the shots from me?" a voice made me jump. I turned around.

"No.. We're teenagers, that's what happens," I shrugged. Ryan hopped on the kitchen counter and swung his feet at me. 

"I'm not afraid to pour this on you," I threatened, holding up my orange soda. He rolled his eyes and stopped kicking. I got up next to him. 

"So who did you get for Secret Santa?" he asked. 

"I'm not suppose to tell."

"No one made that rule."

"Yes we did. We stated it when we picked the names at Starbucks, remember?" I stared at him. 

"No..." he trailed. I chuckled. "How about we say it at the same time? Deal?"

"No deal," I shook my head and gulped down some more soda. "But speaking of deals..." 

"What did you agree to?" he growled. 

"Why do you assume-" he cut me off.

"Save that stupid question you always ask me and just tell me what I'm suppose to do," he ordered. I took a deep breath.

"I need you and the other guys to help make an antique shop more pretty so more people would want to spend their spoiled money there," I chuckled slightly. 

"Abby."

"I'm sorry! It was for the Secret Santa gift."

"What's in it for me?" he tilted his head. 

"My friendship," I replied. 

"I think you can do better," he gave me another chance. 

"Please."

"Please just won't do this time. You still owe me from when I had to help decorate the school dance," he scowled. 

"That was fun," I tried to lighten the mood. 

"No it wasn't," he shook his head. 

"I really have to keep this promise. It was with an old lady.. and you know what they say," I paused and drank some of my soda.

"What do they say?" he waited.

"I don't know, but they must have said something," I bit my bottom lip and narrowed my eyebrows.

 "You're unbelievable," he sighed. 

"Be happy. Three more minutes until Christmas. And if you're happy, you might even see Santa Claus!" I cheered. 

"Promise?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Sure," I smiled and we both chuckled. The chuckles suddenly stopped and now I felt like we're in an awkward position.