Chapter 20 - The Morning After

"Ah!" I screamed, making myself fall off of the bed. I forgot how I went to sleep last night. All I could remember was Radley telling me his feelings for me. I got up from my bed slowly and found Ryan asleep on the couch in the living room. He opened his eyes slowly and pulled me in his arms. 

"Are you okay?" he whispered in my ear. 

"I'm squished right now, but in general, I'm fine," I chuckled at the sound of his morning voice. My face was squished against his chest and his arms were wrapped around me. 

"I-I-I heard you scream. It-i-it woke me up," he said with an eye half open. 

"Are you on crack?" I looked at him so I could raise an eyebrow.

He rolled his eyes, "I didn't sleep at all after what happened last night," he yawned. 

"Yeah, what happened last night?" I asked getting up from his grip. 

"You forgot already? I was hoping you could tell me the story again," he sighed. "Joe Linet kissed you."

"WHAT?!" I yelled probably causing everyone to wake up. "JOE LINET?! THE FREAKIN FATHER?!" 

"Oh, no, no," Ryan let out a chuckle. "I meant James." 

"JAMES?! THAT'S WORST!" I growled. Now here comes the memory. 

"Is it really? Would you rather have a 40 year old smash his face against your lips and-" Ryan began.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, opening the front door to go attack James.. Ryan jumped up from the couch and pulled me back before I could get out of the cabin. 

"You can go yell at him when you're calmed."

"When exactly will I be calm?!" I struggled to get out of his grip.

"So what are you planning to do to him?" he eyeballed me.

"Strangle him. I don't know, at long as he feels pain!" I huffed.

"Slapping the stupidity out of him won't teach him a lesson," Ryan stared blankly at me. 

"I don't want him to learn! I want him to be scarred! Like I am!" 

"Would you two please calm down?" Jordan came in the room with teary eyes, probably because of yawning. "What the hell is going on?" she asked, covering her mouth to yawn again. 

"Ryan cares too much!" I glared. 

"That's not a surprise," Jordan muttered. 

"Can you just go away?!" Ryan yelled. I slowly turned to him and he finally released me. I'm not gonna lie, but that hurt my ears. 

"Boy, I wished you said that after our breakup," she smirked.

Jordan walked back inside her room and Ryan took a seat on the couch. I stared at his sudden reaction. "You wanna tell me what's going on between you two?"

"Uh, no," he got up and headed for the shower. 

"Wait, wait," I pulled him back. "You know she likes messing with you like how I mess with you."

"But that's different. I had a thing for her," he paused. "Regretting that right now," he continued. "You're just different," he paused for a little then walked in the bathroom. 

"A different. Amazing. He used to be a geek that people run from, now he's the famous Ryan, because of me. The famous stupid Ryan, but still," I shook my head in disbelief. And I'm talking to myself. Great, it's like that time when I was too lost in my thoughts that I found myself sitting next to Radley on a hill.