Chapter 31- Mated

12-17-14

Near the end of the chapter it gets slightly naughty, but not too much at all. I very seriously doubt it's anything that you need to be worried about.

Enjoy! :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie's POV

I laid on Damien's bed for a while, umoving as thoughts whirled around in my mind. My body slowly relaxed as more time passed, though it still feels like there's a heavy weight on my shoulder. Guilt does that to you I guess.

About thirty minutes later I heard footsteps outside in the hall and then the door opened. Damien came into the room and closed the door behind him. I didn't move and instead stayed where I am, keeping my eyes closed. I'm still thinking about what I should do to make things better.

I heard Damien shuffling around in the dresser and closet before he went into the bathroom, shutting that door behind him as well. I heard him turn the shower on a minute later.

Annabelle purred softly in my mind, comforted by the thought of our mate being in the same room as us again. She gets slightly agitated when Damien's gone and she won't relax until he comes back.

Do you have any ideas Anna? I'm a bit lost here.

I asked her. She was silent for a moment before answering me.

I do, but I think that this is something you need to figure out on your own. I warned you not to leave, but you did anyway. I do apologize, but I think it's better for me to stay silent right now.

I sighed but nodded. I know she's right and I'm not going to complain. This is my problem and I need to face it on my own.

Damien got out of the shower after maybe five minutes and then came out of the bathroom shortly after. He tossed his clean clothes into the hamper and then I heard him coming closer.

Annabelle's purring grew louder as Damien crawled onto the bed behind me, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me back a bit to rest against his chest. I felt him relax and sigh quietly, content.

I rolled over in his arms to face him and reached up to slip my fingers into his damp hair. I pressed my face into his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"I missed you Cassie. You have no idea how amazing it feels to have you in my arms again. I hope you know that you aren't going to get away from me again. I'm keeping you by my side no matter what." I opened my eyes slowly to look at him, meeting the intense grey gaze that I love so much.

"I know Damien. Trust me when I say that I would rather die than leave you again. Honestly I don't know how I even left in the first place, and I can never apologize enough for doing it."

He smiled a bit and leaned forward, kissing my forehead and tucking my head under his chin. I closed my eyes yet again and let myself drift off a little. I'm really warm and comfortable, and not to mention at ease since I'm with Damien.