Chapter 1-Comfort

This is my new book and I hope you like it! It sounds maybe a little cliche but that's okay because I like writing cliche books. :3 It starts out a little serious but it will loosen up soon. I'll try to add some twists to make it interesting and hopefully some parts will make you laugh. :) Thanks for reading and please vote and tell me what you think!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1-Comfort

 Cassie's POV

                I sat curled up in a ball under the covers, tears streaking down my cheeks and onto the black sheets. I gripped Mr. Teddy closer to me, crying into his soft fur that tickled my face. Dad gave him to me when I was six, two years before he… died. Biting my lip, I held in the sobs that threatened to escape. I don’t want mom and David to hear me and worry. This happens every single night. People say that the pain will fade; it never does. Never.

                Finally, I flung the covers off and stood up, clutching Mr. Teddy to my chest. Some would say it’s sad or stupid for a seventeen year old girl to still cuddle with teddy bears but I don’t care. I opened my door as quietly as I could, making my way soundlessly down the hall to David’s room. Opening his door a crack, I peeked inside. The moonlight filtering in through the window gave me enough light to see him sprawled out on his bed, snoring quietly.

                I stepped into the room and closed the door softly behind me. I tip toed over to his bed and stood on the side, biting my lip and shaking slightly from crying.

                “David?” I murmured softly. He instantly stirred, his eyes opening and focusing on me. He took in my appearance, standing there with Mr. Teddy in my fluffy pajama pants and a tank top, my cheeks wet from tears and more building up in my eyes. Wordlessly, he lifted the blanket, waiting for me to lie down. I crawled into the warm bed beside him and he tucked the blanket around me. I cuddled up to his chest and he wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on top of my head and stroking his hand through my hair.

                The shaking slowed and I felt the tears start to subside a bit. He does this every time I come into his room and it always helps to calm me down. He kissed my forehead lovingly and closed his eyes. I did the same and felt myself slowly drift off into a troubled sleep.

                Waking up the next morning, I opened my eyes only to quickly close them again, holding my hand up to shield them from the bright sunlight streaming in through the window. I heard the shower shut off and David stepped into the room a couple minutes later, fully dressed. He saw that I was awake and smiled, coming over to give me a hug.

                “Morning,” he said as he wrapped his long arms around me. I smiled slightly and hugged him back.

                “Morning,” I mumbled into his chest, yawning. He released me and I rubbed my eyes.

                “You okay?” he asked, concerned.

                “Yeah I’m fine,” A rare smile found its way onto my face as I looked up at him, reaching up to smooth his dark, messy hair. He studied me for a few seconds, thinking, before grinning and hugging me one last time. I picked up Mr. Teddy and we left the room, closing the door. I went to my room to put Mr. Teddy on my bed and ran my fingers through my tangled hair, making my way downstairs after I brushed my teeth. Mom was rushing around the kitchen, frantically looking for her keys. I spotted them under a piece of paper on the counter and grabbed them, handing them to her. She sighed in relief and gave me a small smile.