Chapter 32- Peaceful

5-17-15

I hope you guys enjoy, and I'm really sorry for the wait!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

My eyes shot open when I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Alpha Damien? Are you awake?" Damien groaned from beside me and I glanced over at him before looking at the clock and gasping.

Holy shit! It's already ten in the morning!

Throwing the covers off of myself, I scrambled out of bed and ran across the room. I quickly found some jeans and a black t-shirt before rushing into the bathroom and closing the door behind me. I don't want to lock it in case Damien wants to come in here and wash up as well.

My thoughts instantly went to last night and my cheeks grew bright red. I turned on the water and brushed my hair while I waited for it to warm up. I don't like taking showers when my hair is tangled. It just bothers me for some strange reason.

Hopping into the shower, I grabbed the shampoo and started washing my hair. I heard Damien talking to the person at the door and telling them that he'll be out in about ten minutes or so. Once I was done I quickly dried off and got dressed, brushing my teeth as well before basically sprinting back into the bedroom. I almost ran into Damien and he caught me around the waist, pulling me in close and smiling down at me. I returned the smile and leaned up to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"What's the rush Cassie?" He asked.

"I want to go see if Mom is awake, and I wanted to go for a run as well." He pulled me into a gentle hug and nuzzled my neck, kissing it lightly before releasing me.

"Alright sweetheart. I have some stuff to attend to, and it might take a while. If you're going on a run then please tell me and another pack member before you go. That way if anything were to happen there would be someone ready to come and help right away.

I nodded and gave him another smile before leaving the room and rushing through the house to Mom's room. I walked inside and saw David sitting in a chair beside the bed. Then I looked over and saw Mom. My eyes widened and a huge smile spread across my face when I saw that she's awake.

"Mom!" I ran over and hugged her, being careful of her injuries. They're almost completely healed now, but I don't want to accidentally hurt her.

"Hi baby. Are you okay?" I pulled back and looked into her eyes, both of us smiling at each other.

"I'm fine, but I should be asking you that! Has the pack doctor been in to see you yet? How are you feeling?" She chuckled quietly and brushed some hair behind my ear.

"Yes, sweetheart. She's already seen me and she said that I should be all healed in no time. I feel a bit weak, but other than that I feel completely normal. I would like to get out of this bed and stretch my legs though. My wolf is getting a bit antsy and she wants to go on a run."

"I was planning on going a bit later today. If the doctor says it's alright then maybe we can all three go? Then when we get back I'm sure that Damien will want to talk to you. He's a bit busy right now though." I looked over at David and saw him grinning at us, clearly happy that we're all three together again. I am as well. Just then my stomach decided that it was a great time to growl at me, and I sighed.

"I guess I should go get something to eat really quick. Do you guys want anything?" Mom sat up slightly and pushed the covers off of herself, slowly starting to scoot to the edge of the bed. David and I quickly went over to help her.