Chapter 2-Packing and Depression

Here's chapter two! I just finished writing it and I hope you like! It's dedicated to SF_49ers for being the first to comment on the last chapter and for being awesome! Please vote, comment, and fan if you want to know what happens next and if you liked it! :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                I was rudely awoken by my lovely brother David throwing open the curtains to let the extremely bright sunlight shine right in my eyes… What a nice way to wake up, right? Note the sarcasm; insert eye- roll. I groaned and rolled over, shoving my face in a pillow and pulling the blankets over my head. Only to have them yanked off two seconds later and the coolness of the air-conditioned room decided to bitch slap me in the face.

                 Yeah, crappy description of what happened but I’m freaking half asleep so give me a break. Please? I jolted upright and shoved the tangled hair out of my face, glaring at a smirking David who was standing there, fully dressed.

                “What the hell?!” I growled. Well, I tried to growl but since I just woke up it sounded more like an angry hobo on crack. Yeah, not very impressive, huh?

                “Wakey, wakey!” He sang, grinning like an idiot. I raised my eyebrows and then shook my head, standing up and pulling Mr. Teddy from under the covers. Stomping across the room, I brushed past David and made it about two steps away before being swung into the air. I screamed and landed in David’s arms, my hair sticking in every direction and covering my face.

                “Aww, you can’t stay mad at me forever! You know you love me!” I pushed the hair out of my face and scowled up at him only to be met with an adorable puppy-dog face. I froze and tried not to give in. I could only resist for about three seconds before my attempt at a scowl dropped off my face and I sighed.

                “Dammit,” I mumbled, crossing my arms. David laughed and plopped me down. I landed on my feet but almost fell over until he caught me. “Ass,” I mumbled under my breath. He laughed again and the sound was cut off when I shut his door and went down the hall to my room. Carefully setting Mr. Teddy down on my bed, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and attempt to somewhat untangle the mess that I call hair on my head.

                After I did as much as I could with my hair, brushed my teeth, grabbed my IPod and headphones, and changed into a new pair of clean sweats and David’s Avenged Sevenfold hoodie, I shuffled down the stairs with my headphones in and found mom in the kitchen. She was making scrambled eggs and bacon and I got three plates, hopping up onto the island in the middle of the kitchen and putting them down beside me.

                David walked in and I looked up from my IPod, sticking my tongue out at him. He grinned and got the orange juice out of the fridge, pouring a glass and leaning back against the island beside me. I leaned over and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder. What? I told you that he’s my best friend and I like to cuddle. Don’t judge.

                When he put the glass down I reached over and grabbed it, taking a sip and putting it back where he had it. We stayed like that for a little while until the food was done and I jumped down, grabbing a plate and filling it with the delicious food. My stomach growled and I got a fork, plopping into a chair at the table and stuffing a forkful of eggs into my mouth. I’m hungry, get over it.

                By the time mom and David sat down, which wasn’t even two minutes after me, my plate was almost empty. Yeah… I might kinda, inhale my food but that’s not important. What’s important is the fact that my plate is almost empty and I’m still hungry! Well, not really but ya know, whatever. I finished the last of my eggs and put my plate in the sink.

                “Hey mom, when is the moving truck going to be here?” I looked at the clock; 7:36. Wow, I woke up kind of early today.

                “Around noon. Make sure you have everything packed before they get here; don’t forget anything.” I nodded and said thanks for making breakfast before going up to my room and checking, yet again, to make sure I have everything. I do. I curled up on my side under the covers and stared blankly at the wall, feeling my slightly good mood that I seemed to wake up with this morning vanish and be replaced with the heavy, dark, depressed mood that I’m normally in.

                My eyes stung with unshed tears that I refused to let fall. I need to be stronger. For mom and David. For dad. He wouldn’t want to see me like this but I can’t help it. Mom and David have tried to help me in every way possible but nothing works. I’ve taken depression pills, talked to psychologists, counselors, therapists, and none of it helped. At all. None of them really understood what I’m going through. They all tried to tell me that they did; bull.

                If mom and David weren’t here for me, I don’t know what I would do. A tear managed to escape and I bit my lip, hard, until I tasted blood. DAMMIT! I’m such a weak, pathetic little baby! Why can’t I just stop crying and be strong? UGH! I felt a sharp pain and looked down, realizing that my nails had dug into my wrist, breaking the skin. I slowly removed my nails and watched as a little bit of blood appeared.

                Oh fucking well. I deserve it for being so weak. Jerking up into a sitting position, I angrily wiped the remaining tears out of my eyes and stumbled into the bathroom. I opened a drawer and shuffled around for a minute, finding what I had hidden there that mom and David thought that I got rid of.

                A razor. Taking a deep breath, I let the tears fall freely now. “I’m sorry mom, David… dad,” I murmured in a broken whisper, my voice cracking. I sat on the cold tile floor and brought the razor to my wrist, staring at it for a few seconds before applying some pressure moving it across my wrist, watching as it sliced the skin. Bright red blood ran down and onto the floor and the rusty, salty smell filled my nose.

                I closed my eyes against the searing pain but kept chanting, ‘I deserve this.’ In my head. Blood kept flowing out of the cut and I started to feel dizzy from the loss of blood. It’s a pretty deep cut. Suddenly the door slammed open and David stood there, staring at me with wide, scared eyes. I looked back at him and my eyes started to slip closed, my head pounding as I fell toward the floor. I faintly felt strong arms catch me and David’s terrified voice right beside my ear, asking me to wake up.

                Warm tears splattered on my cheeks and I realized that they’re David’s. He leaned over me, his tears falling onto my face as he quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it tightly around my wrist, trying to slow the bleeding. I felt him lift me into his arms and gently cradle me against his chest, rushing out of my room and down the stairs. I tried to open my eyes, to tell him that I’m sorry and that I love him, but the darkness was pulling me under, fast.

                “Mom! Oh god, mom, I found her in her b-bathroom a-and s-she was c-cutting herself again! She l-lost a lot of blood and she needs to get to the hospital! Now!” His voice cracked and he stuttered through the tears. The black abyss kept pulling me farther and farther away until I couldn’t hear their voices anymore, couldn’t feel anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and please tell me what you think! :3