Chapter 4-Moving, Tree Diving, and... Oh Crap

Chappie 4! Enjoy! :]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                I got out of the hospital on Tuesday, and we finally got to move on Wednesday afternoon. Oh yeah, our plans only got delayed by, pfft, three freaking days because of me. I’m such a selfish idiot! Anyway, so the movers came at two in the afternoon and got the furniture. We drove behind them in our car. It was an eleven hour drive. (An: sorry about the author’s note but I just wanted to say that I’m not going to choose a specific place that they’re going to or where they lived before. I will say that they’re moving to a town with a lot of woods around it.)

                Mom and David took turns driving but when I offered they both said it was fine and that I needed to rest. I’m seriously not trying to be rude and I know that they’re just worried about me, but I had to roll my eyes at that. So instead I just stared sulkily out the window and listened to my IPod. I dozed off a little bit halfway through the trip but I stayed up the rest of the time.

                “How long till we get there now?” I asked. Yeah, yeah, I know. You probably just assumed that I’ve been bugging mom and David for the past however long asking when we were going to get there like a whiny little baby. That, however is a partially incorrect statement because I haven’t been acting like a whiny little baby; I’ve been acting like a whiny, spoiled, tired baby. Which I am. Not really. Well actually… yeah, sorta.

                “In about ten minutes.” David replied tiredly. I started to bounce in my seat excitedly. Yes! My wolf has been itching to get out and run for about three hours now and she’s been bugging me.

                ‘Finally!’ She cheered in my head. Normally our wolves don’t really talk to us other than when: a: Our mate is near, b: We’re in danger, or c: They’re really excited or mad about something. Wanna take a guess which she is right now? Kind of a mix of both. She gets really moody when I don’t let her out enough so I try to take runs frequently to avoid this.

                We finally pulled into a driveway and I looked at the house. It’s two stories and pale blue. There’s a wrap-around porch with a swing and a big tree beside one of the upstairs windows; our backyard is right in front of the woods. Yay! Now we won’t have to really worry about anyone seeing us when we go for runs because we can just go into our backyard!

                Jumping out of the car, I instantly stretched, stiff from sitting in the car almost the whole ride here. We only stopped twice to refill on gas, eat something, and use the bathroom. I looked towards the woods and my wolf yipped in excitement, wanting to go for a run.

                ‘Sorry Annabelle. I have to help bring our boxes inside right now but tonight before I go to sleep we can go.’ I felt bad for putting a damper on her good mood.

                ‘Alright…’ I felt her happy mood dull a bit and she settled back down. I frowned and went over to get some of my boxes. I don’t have that many because I don’t have a lot of stuff and what I do have isn’t really big so it all fits in about four medium sized boxes. It took two trips for me to carry them all in because it would have looked weird and kind of suspicious to the movers if I carried in all four boxes at once. Just imagine it and you’ll see what I mean. Just picture it… See? You probably didn’t picture it but whatever. Turns out that I got the bedroom with the tree almost right beside the window.