Chapter 7-My Perverted Yet Sweet and Smexy Mate

Pic of Damien's room ------>

Cassie’s POV

                I stared back at him, eyes wide. Then the door opened and I snapped my head to the side; only to see a shocked Isabelle standing there with her mouth open, gaping at us. The shock only lasted for about a whole three seconds before a huge grin stretched across her face and she started jumping around, clapping her hands excitedly.

                “Oh my gosh, Cassie! You’re going to be the Luna! This is so awesome!” I closed my eyes and groaned, wanting this all to be a dream. I can’t be the Luna! I don’t know the first thing about running a pack and everyone will just get hurt. I don’t get close to people for a reason.

But if I’m not with Damien… that will hurt both of us. I can run away. It will hurt him and me; but I can deal with the pain. I will deal with it if it’s better for him. But I don’t want him to have to go through that too. Ugh. Speaking of Damien, he hasn’t said a thing, just gazed at me this whole time.

                I turned my attention back to him and his eyes instantly softened when they met mine. Anna kept purring, ecstatic to finally be in our mates’ arms. I want to ask Isabelle something, but I can’t look away from his beautiful, hypnotizing eyes.

                “Damien?” Isabelle called his name. He finally looked away and I instantly looked down at my hands…. Oh my gosh. I’m sitting on his lap… They were quiet for a while, just staring at each other. What the hell are they- oh! They’re talking through the mind link. Damien’s eyes snapped back to me and ran over my face, frowning as he took in my appearance, his eyebrows furrowed. I felt a sharp pain in my heart.

                Does he think I’m ugly? Oh god; he probably just came back to his senses and now he doesn’t want me anymore. His wolf probably took over before because he wanted his mate and now that he’s given Damien control again- My jumbled thoughts were interrupted by him reaching up and gently tracing the dark circles under my eyes, his frown deepening.

                “You need to eat something and sleep, love. You’re going to make yourself sick.” He murmured, his deep, silky voice making me shiver. He noticed this and his eyes darkened slightly. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach when he called me ‘love’ and Annabelle yipped happily. He’s worried about me not eating and sleeping? Oh my god… I can’t hurt him by leaving him; but I have to or he’ll get hurt anyway. I don’t know what to do…

                Looking over to where Isabelle was standing, I saw that she isn’t here anymore. He must have sent her to get me food. Frowning, my eyebrows furrowed as I stared at the spot where she was before. I could have gotten myself some food. I yelped and wrapped my arms around Damien’s neck when he stood, lifting me up into his arms and cradling me against his chest as he carried me to the bed.

                Kicking off his shoes, he gently set me down on the mattress and sat down beside me. He pulled me back onto his lap and into the circle of his arms. I sat rigid for a few minutes before finally relaxing into his embrace, tucking my head into the crook of his neck and sighing. He leaned back against the headboard; me curled up on his chest with his arms around my waist.

                Damien softly stroked his hands through my hair and down my back as we sat in a comfortable silence. The only thing I can hear is our quiet breathing and his heartbeat. I can only stay until I’m not in heat anymore. I can’t stay here… it’ll be better for them if I leave. Annabelle growled.

                ‘That will not be better for them. Think of what that will do to Damien and his wolf; to you and me. If you leave he’ll be depressed and then he’ll come after you. And if he got injured when he was trying to find you; the entire pack would be in danger. Do you know how many rogues and other packs would jump at the chance to attack and take over the pack? They would kill Damien and, if they found you, you too. You have no idea how much trouble and devastation you would cause by leaving because you think it’s ‘better’ for them. I know you have good intentions but please, think about what I just told you before you do something stupid.’