Chapter 5-New People and More Depression

Pic of Isabelle's room ------>

Cassie’s POV

                “I don’t know. She was just telling me why she was here and she started to look a little pale. Then she just collapsed and passed out.” I heard a voice telling someone. A few more murmured comments were passed back and forth before a door opened and closed, footsteps fading away down what I assume is a hallway.

                You know, I have a feeling that this isn’t going to be the last time I wake up and have absolutely no clue where the hell I am. And guess what? Just to make the suspense and awesomeness of this situation even better, I have a pounding headache! Yay! Note the sarcasm. -.-

Groaning, I rolled over and sat up, my hair sticking up in every direction possible. How it manages to stick straight up I’ll never know. This is why I don’t cut my hair short. Also, my hair just looks horrible when it’s short and I prefer it at least past my shoulders. Right now it’s about down to my waist.

See? How the hell does it manage to stick straight up when it’s that long?! That’s just another thing on the list of strange things that are wrong with me. Lifting my heavy lids, I stretched. Might as well feel a little bit more comfortable before I figure out what strange dimension I’ve managed to find myself in this time. Seriously, I’ve woken up in a box, floating down a river, married to a pineapple.

                Just, please take a moment and imagine that………… Have you imagined it? Good. No I am not random; you just can’t think as fast as me! Ohhh buurn! Hehe… not really; I’m kidding. Seriously, don’t take that so hard, geez. Ah now look what you did! You got snot and tears all over my shirt!... Kidding! Geez…

                “Hi honey; how are you feeling?” A kind voice asked me from a few feet away. I jumped and scrambled back on the bed, my eyes wide.

                The lady looked to be in her early thirties with light brown hair tied up in a bun, kind of pale, warm brown eyes, and a nice smile. She was slender and very pretty. I really doubt it but she could actually be over a hundred years old! Yeah, we stop aging when we’re in our late twenties to early thirties.

                Cuz’ I wanna be, foreeever young! Do you really want to live forever, forever, for-e-ver young? (song on the side) Hell yes! And I will. Oh yeah; awesomeness! She stared at me; waiting for an answer as I sat there, absorbed in my extremely strange, weird, random, totally awesome thoughts. I finally broke out of whatever crazy daze I was in and focused on her, backing up again slightly.

                “Um… w-where am I?” I stammered, suddenly really scared. Where am I? Who is this lady? Why am I here? What are they- Ohhh yeeeeah! I remember now! *face palm.* my blonde self decided to go on a run, alone, and stupidly ran into another pack’s territory. No offense to blondes. Then I met the cute beta, Jeremy, and when I was explaining why I was there I fainted! Oh, silly me! Obviously I would faint in the middle of a kind of life-threatening situation with the annoyed and probably kinda pissed beta of a stranger pack!

                Nice job, Cassie! Guess who’s getting the dumbest move in the entire universe award? *Holds up trophy while the audience claps and cheers.* ‘Oh thank you so much everyone for all your support and for giving me this award! It really means so much to me! *Flicks away tear.* ‘Thank you!’ Yep, that’s what’s going to happen. Exactly what you just read.

                “You’re in the Dark Moon pack house.” My eyes widened. This is the strongest pack in the United States… “I’m the pack doctor. Jeremy brought you in here and told me that you fainted when he found you on the territory. My name is Hanna.” She smiled warmly and I tried to smile back but it probably looked more like a grimace than anything else. “The Alpha is away right now so you’ll have to stay here until he gets back. He’ll be back at two in the afternoon on Saturday.” I shook my head.