Chapter 11-Damn Rogues

I'm REALLY sorry that these chapters have been so short lately, guys. :( I've been trying to make them longer but it's not really working. Hopefully soon they'll be longer and more interesting. Love youz!!! <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassie’s POV

                I started to slow, my legs and lungs burning as I gasped for air.  I saw that I’m by a creek and stopped, trotting over and getting a huge drink of the cool, clean water. When I was done I flopped back and collapsed on the ground in a ball, still panting. I have no idea how long I ran but I’m guessing at least twelve hours. I was really pushing myself to keep running so I could squeeze in a little nap before I have to move again.

                Resting my head on the damp grass, a pained whimper escaped my muzzle. There’s been a searing pain ripping through my chest ever since I left and it’s just getting stronger. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to deal with it before it becomes too much. Annabelle let out a faint whine of her own in my head and I felt tears welling in my eyes.

                Closing them, I took a deep breath and stood up again, looking for a place to hide so I can go to sleep for a while. Eventually I found a little dark cave and cautiously went inside, sniffing around for signs of wild animals. I found the scent of a bear but it’s really faint so it hasn’t been here for a long time. Other than that the cave didn’t smell like anything other than moss and dirt.

                Falling in an exhausted heap on the floor in a corner of the small, dark space, I rested my head on my paws and let my heavy eyelids slip closed.

…….......

David’s POV

                I held Mom closer as she cried into my chest, gripping Cassie’s note tightly in her hand. I stroked a hand through her hair and rested my chin on her head.

                “Mom, I think you need to go to sleep. It’s already midnight.” She nodded and pulled back, wiping her tears. I kissed her forehead and hugged her again.

                “I love you, David,” she murmured, her voice hoarse from crying.

                “I love you too, Mom.” She hugged me tightly one last time and turned, shuffling up the stairs to her room. I sighed deeply and ran a hand through my hair roughly. I just don’t know what to do. I want to go look for Cassie and bring her back but I can’t leave Mom, especially right now. She wouldn’t be able to take it. Even though I don’t like the idea of my baby sister having a boyfriend and all that, from what she said in the note it seems like this guy really loves her already. She just doesn’t see how much and she needs to.

                She’s always seen herself as weak and pathetic even though she’s anything but. She needs to realize that. Flopping down in a chair, I rested my head in my hands and tugged on my hair.

                A loud crash came from upstairs and I heard Mom scream. I was sprinting up the stairs in less than a second, snarling when I smelled and saw a rogue at the top of the stairs. Shifting, I lunged for it. It’s a male. He moved out of the way and swung around slashing out at me and missing.

                I jumped toward him and landed behind his massive wolf, snapping at his back legs. Whirling around, he growled and two more rogues came out of Mom’s room, lunging at me. I just barely dodged them and went for the closest one, closing my jaw around his neck. I heard a snap and released him, his lifeless body crumpling onto the floor. I really hate killing but I will if it’s to protect my family and the people I love.

                Taking out the other two, I ran into Mom’s room and saw the window open. No one is in here. I heard something the quiet creak of a floorboard and twisted around to see two more rogues flying at me, knocking me to the ground. They dealt a heavy blow to my head and I blacked out instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote, comment, and fan; tell me what you think!!! :3 I'll update as soon as the next chapter is done but I'm warning you that it might be a while. Like a couple weeks maybe. :/      <3